This site is entirely user-supported. See how you can help.
Street View is the best available vantage point looking, if possible, towards the location of the building. In some locations, Street View may not give a view of the actual building, or may not be available at all. Where it is not available, the satellite view is shown instead.
Latitude: 52.0224 / 52°1'20"N
Longitude: -2.9309 / 2°55'51"W
OS Eastings: 336218
OS Northings: 236408
OS Grid: SO362364
Mapcode National: GBR F9.GMML
Mapcode Global: VH789.4FWG
Entry Name: The Old House
Listing Date: 29 September 1952
Source: Historic England
Source ID: 1225128
English Heritage Legacy ID: 421363
Location: Vowchurch, County of Herefordshire, HR2
County: County of Herefordshire
Civil Parish: Vowchurch
Traditional County: Herefordshire
Lieutenancy Area (Ceremonial County): Herefordshire
Church of England Parish: Vowchurch
Church of England Diocese: Hereford
SO 33 NE
The Old House
(Formerly listed as The Old Vicarage)
House. Probably C16. Timber-frame, 3 tiers of close-studded plastered infill
panels; stone slate roof; one brick stack to right of centre and one to
left hand side. L-plan with main range facing north-west. Front elevation
has gabled cross-wing to north-east with main range, of same height to right.
In the gable is herringbone pattern framing. Two storeys, 3 windows. Gable
has centrally placed 4-light C20 casements, one to each floor; main range
has 2-light casements, probably C20, to right of entry and a similar window
above the left hand ground floor window, stone slate pentice weathering
between the 2 floors. Ledged C19 door under segmental head to right of
junction of 2 ranges. Interior: deep roll mouldings to ceiling beams in
principal room of main range.
Listing NGR: SO3621636408
This text is from the original listing, and may not necessarily reflect the current setting of the building.
Other nearby listed buildings