This site is entirely user-supported. See how you can help.
Latitude: 51.5127 / 51°30'45"N
Longitude: -0.1577 / 0°9'27"W
OS Eastings: 527941
OS Northings: 180915
OS Grid: TQ279809
Mapcode National: GBR 8C.SX
Mapcode Global: VHGQZ.770Q
Entry Name: 138, Park Lane W1
Listing Date: 5 February 1970
Source: Historic England
Source ID: 1226066
English Heritage Legacy ID: 423149
Location: Westminster, London, W1K
Electoral Ward/Division: West End
Built-Up Area: City of Westminster
Traditional County: Middlesex
Lieutenancy Area (Ceremonial County): Greater London
Church of England Parish: St George, Hanover Square
Church of England Diocese: London
TQ 2780 NE CITY OF WESTMINSTER PARK LANE, Wl
67/7 (east side)
5.2.70 No. 138
End of terrace town house, 1832 rebuild by John Elger and in 1928
converted to flats with shop front by Sir Edwin Lutyens. Stuccoed
with slate roof. Typical late Regency Park Lane front with bow, 3
storeys, attic storey and dormered mansard, basement. 3 windows wide.
Ground floor to Park Lane and part of return altered with shop front
in 1928, the display windows and corner entrance framed by stone Doric
order. Former house entrance with Doric portico-porch to left hand of
Dunraven Street front, with its entablature carried across ground
floor. The Park Lane front above shop retains 1st floor 3 window bow
with balustraded parapet and balustraded balcony. Flat arched sash
and casement windows to bow and upper floors with architraves.
Projecting cornice over 2nd floor and attic cornice with balustraded
parapet. Spear head area railings.
Survey of London; Vol. XL.
Listing NGR: TQ2794180915
This text is from the original listing, and may not necessarily reflect the current setting of the building.
Other nearby listed buildings