This site is entirely user-supported. See how you can help.
We don't have any photos of this building yet. Why don't you be the first to send us one?
Latitude: 53.0232 / 53°1'23"N
Longitude: -1.0622 / 1°3'43"W
OS Eastings: 463001
OS Northings: 347737
OS Grid: SK630477
Mapcode National: GBR 9J7.G96
Mapcode Global: WHFHR.N8DN
Plus Code: 9C5W2WFQ+74
Entry Name: Manor Farm Buildings
Listing Date: 20 November 1985
Source: Historic England
Source ID: 1227551
English Heritage Legacy ID: 425416
Location: Woodborough, Gedling, Nottinghamshire, NG14
Civil Parish: Woodborough
Built-Up Area: Woodborough
Traditional County: Nottinghamshire
Lieutenancy Area (Ceremonial County): Nottinghamshire
Church of England Parish: Woodborough
Church of England Diocese: Southwell and Nottingham
WOODBOROUGH MAIN STREET
SK 64 NW
5/153 Manor Farm
Racehorse stables and barns. Late C18, 1851, 1874, 1878. Brick
with plain tile and pantile roofs. Ashlar and brick dressings.
Chamfered plinth, first floor band, half round eaves, coped
gables with kneelers and finials. 4 ridge stacks. 17 bays wide
by 7 bays deep. Single and 2 storeys. 2 quadrangles divided by
late C18 barn. Windows are mainly casements with segmental
heads. Front has central gabled gatehouse with keystoned round
headed archway and flanking pilasters. Flanked by single sashes.
Beyond, to left, 6 casements and a garage door. To right, 7
casements. Above, round headed recess containing casement,
flanked by 3 sashes. Above again, datestone inscribed 'R.H.
1878'. Rear has regular fenestration with sashes and casements.
Above, similar fenestration. On each side, a hoist door. Behind
are 2 quadrangles divided by barn, late C18 and 1851, with stone
plinth, cogged eaves and queen post roof with struts. East side
has 3 doors, 3 breathers and to their right, through carriage
arch. Eastern rear range, late C18, has to left barn with coped
gable and through arch. To right, 4 stable doors and 2
casements, mainly with segmental heads. East side, mid C19, has
6 stable doors and 6 casements, mainly with segmental heads.
Western rear range has large barn, early C19 and 1851. West
gable inscribed 'W.T. 1851'. North side has off-centre barn
doorway and irregular altered lower openings. Above, 3 pitch
holes with plank doors. Queen post roof of re-used timber.
Single storey stable range to west, 1874, has 2 casements, garage
door and 4 square hatches.
Listing NGR: SK6300147737
This text is from the original listing, and may not necessarily reflect the current setting of the building.
Other nearby listed buildings