This site is entirely user-supported. See how you can help.
Latitude: 52.9179 / 52°55'4"N
Longitude: -0.8845 / 0°53'4"W
OS Eastings: 475103
OS Northings: 336193
OS Grid: SK751361
Mapcode National: GBR BM4.55T
Mapcode Global: WHFJ7.DX2F
Plus Code: 9C4XW498+56
Entry Name: Headstones in Churchyard of Church of All Saints South of Nave
Listing Date: 23 June 1989
Source: Historic England
Source ID: 1227659
English Heritage Legacy ID: 425577
Location: Granby, Rushcliffe, Nottinghamshire, NG13
Civil Parish: Granby
Traditional County: Nottinghamshire
Lieutenancy Area (Ceremonial County): Nottinghamshire
Church of England Parish: Granby
Church of England Diocese: Southwell and Nottingham
In the entry for:
SK 73 NE GRANBY SUTTON LANE
3/56 Headstones in
Churchyard of Church
of All Saints, south
The surname Hower on headstones Nos 1 and 2 shall be amended to
Add: d.1728 to headstone No 22.
On headstone No 35 d.1727 shall be amended to read: d.1722.
GRANBY SUTTON LANE
SK73NE (south side)
3/56 Headstones in
- Churchyard of
Church of All Saints,
south of nave
Headstones. Mainly C18. Mainly slate.
1. Small, rectangular with round-faced winged angel, to: Elizabeth
wife of William Hower of Barnson d.1727 "In ye (unwritten) year
of her age".
2. Small with round-faced winged angel, to: William Hower junior of
3. Small, shaped to John Bonser d.1799.
4. Large, rectangular, well-carved, with two skull and cross-bones in
corners, to: John Marriott d.1765 aged 79 years.
5. Rectangular with two round-faced winged angels, divided vertically,
to: John son of John Marriott by Martha his wife d.1723 in his
2nd year, and Robert son of above d.1723 aged 2 weeks.
6. Rectangular, plain, to: Martha Marriott d.1728 in her 32nd year.
7 and 8. Two limestone headstones, almost illegible, probably early
C18, both with heavy relief carving of heads at top and garlands
9. Small, rectangular, to: William Marriott the son of John and Martha
Marriott d.1726 an infant, also Samuel Marriott son of above d.1727
10. Small, rectangular, to: Richard son of Richard Faulks d.1754.
11. Rectangular with ornate decoration, to: Elianor Marriott wife of
Thomas Marriott d.1775.
12. Large, classical, with fine detail, to: Thomas Harrison son of
George and Martha Harrison d.1776.
13. Tiny with round-faced winged angel, to: Katherine the wife of
Thomas Moore d.March Ist 1723 aged 63 years.
14. Finely incised with shaped head, to: Elizabeth wife of Edward
15. Small, with shaped head and moulded surround, to: Mathew son of
George Harrison by Martha his wife d.1765 aged 12 years.
16. Rectangular with round panel to: George Harrison d.1744 in his
17. Shaped head with round panel with relief urn, to: George Harrison
d.1774 aged 66 years.
18. Classical with fine detail, to: Martha relict of George Harrison
19. Tall, shaped with fine detail and relief head in oval panel, to:
William son of George and Martha Harrison d.1779.
20. Shaped with simple, fine decoration, to: George Harrison d.1801.
21. Shaped, with delicate bas-relief, to: Elizabeth relict of George
22. Small, with 2 round-faced winged angels to: Sarah wife of George
23. Rectangular with shield panel, to: Richard Faulkes the son of
Robert and Mary Faulkes d.1736 in his 13th year.
24. Small with 2 round-faced winged angels, to: Robert and Mary, son
and daughter of Robert and Mary Faulkes d.1726 and 1727.
25. Limestone, probably early C18.
26. Tall, shaped with delicate, flowing decoration and relief vase in
round panel at top, to: Mary wife of George Adamson d.1797.
27. Rectangular, simple to: Isaac Faulkes d.1769.
28. Small with round-faced winged angel, to: William the dear child
of George Rick by Cassandra his wife d.1710. On the back is a poem.
29. Small with round-faced winged angel, to: Sarah child of John and
Sarah Rick d.1721 in her 3rd year.
30. Rectangular with round-faced winged angel, to: Anne wife of
Richard Prichet d.1723.
31. Rectangular with round-faced winged angel, to: Ellin wife of
Richard Faulkes d.1728.
32. Rectangular with round-faced winged angel, to: Richard Fawkes
33. Rectangular with round-faced winged angel, to: Richard son of
Richard and Hellen Fawkes d.1724 aged 22 years.
34. Rectangular with round-faced winged angel to Elizabeth daughter of
Richard and Hellen Fawkes d.1724 aged 26 years.
35. Larger, rectangular with round-faced winged angel to Thomas son
of Richard and Hellen Fawkes d.1727 aged 26 years.
Listing NGR: SK7510336193
This text is from the original listing, and may not necessarily reflect the current setting of the building.
Other nearby listed buildings