This site is entirely user-supported. See how you can help.
Latitude: 52.8564 / 52°51'23"N
Longitude: -0.9739 / 0°58'26"W
OS Eastings: 469185
OS Northings: 329260
OS Grid: SK691292
Mapcode National: GBR BMM.SQQ
Mapcode Global: WHFJL.0GHK
Plus Code: 9C4XV24G+HC
Entry Name: Group of Headstones in Churchyard of Church of St Luke Between South Porch and West Side of Tower South of Porch
Listing Date: 23 June 1989
Source: Historic England
Source ID: 1235667
English Heritage Legacy ID: 425597
Location: Hickling, Rushcliffe, Nottinghamshire, LE14
Civil Parish: Hickling
Built-Up Area: Hickling
Traditional County: Nottinghamshire
Lieutenancy Area (Ceremonial County): Nottinghamshire
Church of England Parish: Hickling
Church of England Diocese: Southwell and Nottingham
HICKLING MAIN STREET
SK62NE (east side)
6/75 Group of headstones
- in Churchyard of
Church of St Luke
between south porch
and west side of
tower, south of
Headstones. C18. Slate. West to east:
1. Rectangular with round-faced winged angel, to: George Man
2. Shaped, with moulded surround, to: Mary wife of Joseph Heath
3. Rectangular, with moulded surround, to: William son of Thomas
and Elizabeth Sax.
4. Shaped head, moulded surround, to: Francis Morris d.1758.
Included for group value.
5. With 2 round-faced winged angels and raised letters, to: John
son of Hugh and Margaret Gill d.1732 aged 19. Also to another
son, Hugh, d.1732 aged 7 years.
6. Rectangular with large round-faced winged angel and raised letters,
to: George Hives d.March 1st 1737/8.
7. Tiny, rectangular (broken), to: Anne daughter of John Hopk.. by
Mary his wife d.1707 in her 1st year.
8. Rectangular, with large round-faced winged angel and raised letters,
to: Margaret Gill d.1740.
9. Rectangular with moulded surround and ornate scrolled letters, to:
William Gill d.1743.
10. Small, rectangular with round-faced winged angel, to: Hugh Gill
d.1720 in his 5th year.
11. Small, rectangular, to: Hugh Gill d.1708 in his 51st year.
12. Rectangular with round-faced winged angel, to: Thomas Hardy
d.1720 aged 48 years. Also Judith his wife d.1727.
13. Small, rectangular, with round-faced winged angel, to: Sarah
wife of John Shuttlewood d.1724.
14. Rectangular with 2 round-faced winged angels, to: Elizabeth
Hardy d.1728 in her 18th year.
15. Tall, with winged cherubs heads in top corners, ornate lettering,
to: Ann wife of Robert Orson d.1759. Also 2 sons aged 3 weeks
and 1 year.
16. Small, rectangular, to: Elizabeth child of Paul and Susannah Hardey
d.1721 in her 6th year.
17. Rectangular with round-faced winged angel, to: John son of John
James by Margaret his wife d.1719 aged 7 years.
18. Tall with arched, moulded panel, to: Henry James d.1746.
19. Small, tapering with round-faced winged angel and raised letters,
to: Margaret wife of Joshua Man d.1730.
20. Rectangular with round-faced winged angel, to: Mary wife of
John Daft d.1744.
Listing NGR: SK6918529260
This text is from the original listing, and may not necessarily reflect the current setting of the building.
Other nearby listed buildings