History in Structure

This site is entirely user-supported. See how you can help.

Lilystone Hall

A Grade II Listed Building in Stock, Essex

We don't have any photos of this building yet. Why don't you be the first to send us one?

Upload Photo »

Approximate Location Map
Large Map »

Coordinates

Latitude: 51.6587 / 51°39'31"N

Longitude: 0.435 / 0°26'6"E

OS Eastings: 568522

OS Northings: 198350

OS Grid: TQ685983

Mapcode National: GBR NJY.W8S

Mapcode Global: VHJKF.HKBT

Entry Name: Lilystone Hall

Listing Date: 19 June 1975

Grade: II

Source: Historic England

Source ID: 1236818

English Heritage Legacy ID: 427824

Location: Stock, Chelmsford, Essex, CM4

County: Essex

District: Chelmsford

Civil Parish: Stock

Traditional County: Essex

Lieutenancy Area (Ceremonial County): Essex

Church of England Parish: Stock Harvard All Saints

Church of England Diocese: Chelmsford

Find accommodation in
Stock

Listing Text

1. STOCK STOCK ROAD
5213
Lilystone Hall
TQ 6898 36/878

II
2.
A large grey brick house with stone parapet, cornice, frieze and plinth. Built
in 1847. 2 storeys. The south front of 3 window range, has giant stone pilasters
rising through 2 storeys. The centre bay is surmounted by a pediment. A wing
extends on the west side. The windows generally are double-hung sashes with margin
glazing bars, in plain reveals. The ground storey windows on the south front
have pilasters and pediments. The central doorway has a Greek Doric portico with
fluted columns and a cornice and is approached by a flight of steps. At the east
side there is an apsidal chapel with semi-circular headed windows with glazing bars,
in small panes. The windows are divided by brick pilasters and the roof is tiled.


Listing NGR: TQ6852298350

This text is from the original listing, and may not necessarily reflect the current setting of the building.

Description

1. STOCK STOCK ROAD
5213
Lilystone Hall
TQ 6898 36/878

II
2.
A large grey brick house with stone parapet, cornice, frieze and plinth. Built
in 1847. 2 storeys. The south front of 3 window range, has giant stone pilasters
rising through 2 storeys. The centre bay is surmounted by a pediment. A wing
extends on the west side. The windows generally are double-hung sashes with margin
glazing bars, in plain reveals. The ground storey windows on the south front
have pilasters and pediments. The central doorway has a Greek Doric portico with
fluted columns and a cornice and is approached by a flight of steps. At the east
side there is an apsidal chapel with semi-circular headed windows with glazing bars,
in small panes. The windows are divided by brick pilasters and the roof is tiled.


Listing NGR: TQ6852298350

Recommended Books

Other nearby listed buildings

BritishListedBuildings.co.uk is an independent online resource and is not associated with any government department. All government data published here is used under licence. Please do not contact BritishListedBuildings.co.uk for any queries related to any individual listed building, planning permission related to listed buildings or the listing process itself.

British Listed Buildings is a Good Stuff website.