This site is entirely user-supported. See how you can help.
We don't have any photos of this building yet. Why don't you be the first to send us one?
Latitude: 52.7514 / 52°45'4"N
Longitude: 0.2943 / 0°17'39"E
OS Eastings: 554945
OS Northings: 319552
OS Grid: TF549195
Mapcode National: GBR M28.H76
Mapcode Global: WHJP5.H3CK
Plus Code: 9F42Q72V+HP
Entry Name: Lovells Hall
Listing Date: 11 August 1951
Source: Historic England
Source ID: 1237117
English Heritage Legacy ID: 428327
Location: Terrington St. Clement, King's Lynn and West Norfolk, Norfolk, PE34
Civil Parish: Terrington St. Clement
Traditional County: Norfolk
Lieutenancy Area (Ceremonial County): Norfolk
Church of England Parish: Terrington St Clement
Church of England Diocese: Ely
TERRINGTON ST. CLEMENT STATION ROAD
TF 51 NW
7/18 Lovell's Hall
House. Dated 1543. Barnack stone ground floor, brick remainder. Plain tiled
roofs. Half-H plan with south wing projecting to east. East facade of 2
storeys with attics. 2 large gabled cross wings flank 2 storey Barnack stone
porch. Porch with segmental entrance arch below square hood mould on labels.
Above is coat of arms carrying datestone 1743. Square-headed 3-light mullion
window to first floor of porch. This upper room further lit by one 2-light
square mullion window to north and south. Low pitched gabled roof behind
pediment. Cross wings with set-off at first floor. 5-light square-headed
mullion window to ground floor of north wing, this with transom. 4 light
mullion window to south gable, both with square hoods on labels. One 3-light
mullion window to first floor of each gable. Eaves line string courses. 3-
light mullion window to each gable attic. Gable head on moulded brick kneelers,
topped with ashlar ball finials. One 4-light square mullioned window pierces
first floor of north gable wall. Ridge stack right of centre of main gable.
South wing extends east for 5 bays. 2 storeys and dormer attic altered C18.
Square, pedimented, single storey bay with 5-light mullioned and transomed
window in centre of facade. To left and right 2 square-headed mullioned
casements. 5 3-light mullioned casements first floor. Crenellated parapet
below gabled roof with 3 flat-headed dormers. Ridge stack left of centre.
Interior not accessible at time of re-survey. One panelled room recorded in
1965 but remainder seriously altered during army occupation 1940-45.
Listing NGR: TF5494519552
Other nearby listed buildings