This site is entirely user-supported. See how you can help.
We don't have any photos of this building yet. Why don't you be the first to send us one?
Latitude: 52.8246 / 52°49'28"N
Longitude: -1.2545 / 1°15'16"W
OS Eastings: 450330
OS Northings: 325490
OS Grid: SK503254
Mapcode National: GBR 8JZ.TY4
Mapcode Global: WHDHH.P8TF
Plus Code: 9C4WRPFW+R5
Entry Name: Number 143 and Attached Cottage and Chapel
Listing Date: 13 October 1966
Source: Historic England
Source ID: 1242365
English Heritage Legacy ID: 441752
Location: Sutton Bonington, Rushcliffe, Nottinghamshire, LE12
Civil Parish: Sutton Bonington
Traditional County: Nottinghamshire
Lieutenancy Area (Ceremonial County): Nottinghamshire
Church of England Parish: Sutton Bonington
Church of England Diocese: Southwell and Nottingham
SUTTON BONINGTON MAIN STREET
SK 52 NW
4/91 No.143 and attached
13.10.66 cottage and chapel
House and attached cottage and chapel, now single house and
garage. House mid C17 and early C18, cottage early C19, chapel
1832. House with C18 front of red brick with some blue brick
chequering, ashlar and render. Slate roof. Single ridge and
right gable C20 brick stacks. Ashlar coped gables with
kneelers. Eaves band. Ashlar plinth, being rendered over. The
first and second floor dentil and raised brick bands rise over
the stair windows and extend to the left gable wall. 2 storeys
plus garret, 3 bays. Each floor has 2 tripartite glazing bar
Yorkshire sashes with single central 2 light casements forming
stair lights, that on the first floor being smaller. Attached to
the right is the red brick and slate 2 storey, 2 bay cottage.
Singletripartite glazing bar casement and to the right a doorway
with panelled door. Above is a single tripartite glazing bar
Yorkshire sash. Attached to the right is the red brick and
concrete pantile chapel, now garage, with ashlar dressings.
Ashlar coped gable with kneelers fronts the road, an ashlar band
forms a pediment in the gable. 2 storeys, 3 bays. Central
doorway with panelled door. Either side are single large glazing
bar fixed ights with 2 small glazing bar sashes above, all with
flush wedge brick lintels. Over the doorway is an ashlar plaque
inscribed "T. King Primitive Methodist Chapel 1832". To the rear
of the C18 build is a C17 wing. Interior of C17 wing has remains
of a single post, a few studs, tie beam and 2 curved braces.
Smoke hood and some chamfered beams.
Listing NGR: SK5033025490
This text is from the original listing, and may not necessarily reflect the current setting of the building.
Other nearby listed buildings