History in Structure

This site is entirely user-supported. See how you can help.

Sepham Court

A Grade II Listed Building in Shoreham, Kent

More Photos »
Approximate Location Map
Large Map »

Coordinates

Latitude: 51.3196 / 51°19'10"N

Longitude: 0.1667 / 0°10'0"E

OS Eastings: 551081

OS Northings: 160064

OS Grid: TQ510600

Mapcode National: GBR S7.QPB

Mapcode Global: VHHPK.T3Z6

Entry Name: Sepham Court

Listing Date: 16 January 1975

Last Amended: 20 September 1976

Grade: II

Source: Historic England

Source ID: 1243842

English Heritage Legacy ID: 447989

Location: Shoreham, Sevenoaks, Kent, TN14

County: Kent

District: Sevenoaks

Civil Parish: Shoreham

Traditional County: Kent

Lieutenancy Area (Ceremonial County): Kent

Church of England Parish: Shoreham St Peter and St Paul

Church of England Diocese: Rochester

Find accommodation in
Halstead

Listing Text

1.
5280 SHOREHAM SHOREHAM
Filston Lane
(East Side)

Sepham Farmhouse
TQ 56 SW 38/1187

II


2.
Late mediaeval hall house with alterations. Main entrance front of 2 storeys
and attic, 4 bays. The 2 left bays project under hipped gables of differing
heights. High pitched tiled roofs, hipped at right. Tile hung 1st floor brick
below. 2 right bays of C18 appearance with moulded wood eaves cornice. 2
hipped dormers above. Mid C19 casement windows except for 2 late C19 canted bays in
right part. Rendered east wall. Roof sweeps low behind. At west end large offset
chimney with tumbled brickwork. Jettied 1st floor with visible beam ends, to left
part. Inside much very heavy exposed timber; and crown post in attic. The farm
is named from John de Cepham who owned the manor in the reigh of Edward III.

Sepham Farmhouse shall be amended to read Sepham Court.

------------------------------------

1.
5280 SHOREHAM SHOREHAM
Filston Lane
(East Side)

Sepham Farmhouse
TQ 56 SW 38/1187

II


2.
Late mediaeval hall house with alterations. Main entrance front of 2 storeys
and attic, 4 bays. The 2 left bays project under hipped gables of differing
heights. High pitched tiled roofs, hipped at right. Tile hung 1st floor,
brick below. 2 right bays of C18 appearance with moulded wood eaves cornice.
2 hipped dormers above. Mid C19 casement windows except for"2 late C19 canted
bays in right part. Rendered east wall. Roof sweeps low behind. At west end
large offset chimney with tumbled brickwork. Jettied 1st floor with visible
beam ends, to left part. Inside much very heavy exposed timber; and crown post
in attic. The farm is named from John de Cepham who owned the manor in the
reign of Edward III.


Listing NGR: TQ5108160064

This text is from the original listing, and may not necessarily reflect the current setting of the building.

Description

1.
5280 SHOREHAM SHOREHAM
Filston Lane
(East Side)

Sepham Farmhouse
TQ 56 SW 38/1187

II


2.
Late mediaeval hall house with alterations. Main entrance front of 2 storeys
and attic, 4 bays. The 2 left bays project under hipped gables of differing
heights. High pitched tiled roofs, hipped at right. Tile hung 1st floor brick
below. 2 right bays of C18 appearance with moulded wood eaves cornice. 2
hipped dormers above. Mid C19 casement windows except for 2 late C19 canted bays in
right part. Rendered east wall. Roof sweeps low behind. At west end large offset
chimney with tumbled brickwork. Jettied 1st floor with visible beam ends, to left
part. Inside much very heavy exposed timber; and crown post in attic. The farm
is named from John de Cepham who owned the manor in the reigh of Edward III.

Sepham Farmhouse shall be amended to read Sepham Court.

------------------------------------

1.
5280 SHOREHAM SHOREHAM
Filston Lane
(East Side)

Sepham Farmhouse
TQ 56 SW 38/1187

II


2.
Late mediaeval hall house with alterations. Main entrance front of 2 storeys
and attic, 4 bays. The 2 left bays project under hipped gables of differing
heights. High pitched tiled roofs, hipped at right. Tile hung 1st floor,
brick below. 2 right bays of C18 appearance with moulded wood eaves cornice.
2 hipped dormers above. Mid C19 casement windows except for"2 late C19 canted
bays in right part. Rendered east wall. Roof sweeps low behind. At west end
large offset chimney with tumbled brickwork. Jettied 1st floor with visible
beam ends, to left part. Inside much very heavy exposed timber; and crown post
in attic. The farm is named from John de Cepham who owned the manor in the
reign of Edward III.


Listing NGR: TQ5108160064

Recommended Books

Other nearby listed buildings

BritishListedBuildings.co.uk is an independent online resource and is not associated with any government department. All government data published here is used under licence. Please do not contact BritishListedBuildings.co.uk for any queries related to any individual listed building, planning permission related to listed buildings or the listing process itself.

British Listed Buildings is a Good Stuff website.