History in Structure

This site is entirely user-supported. See how you can help.

Stables, Immediately North of the Manor House

A Grade II Listed Building in Aldwincle, Northamptonshire

We don't have any photos of this building yet. Why don't you be the first to send us one?

Upload Photo »

Approximate Location Map
Large Map »

Coordinates

Latitude: 52.422 / 52°25'19"N

Longitude: -0.5135 / 0°30'48"W

OS Eastings: 501183

OS Northings: 281481

OS Grid: TL011814

Mapcode National: GBR FYM.30R

Mapcode Global: VHFNW.1DW5

Entry Name: Stables, Immediately North of the Manor House

Listing Date: 30 August 1994

Grade: II

Source: Historic England

Source ID: 1243856

English Heritage Legacy ID: 448277

Location: Aldwincle, East Northamptonshire, Northamptonshire, NN14

County: Northamptonshire

District: East Northamptonshire

Civil Parish: Aldwincle

Built-Up Area: Aldwincle

Traditional County: Northamptonshire

Lieutenancy Area (Ceremonial County): Northamptonshire

Church of England Parish: Aldwincle St Peter

Church of England Diocese: Peterborough

Find accommodation in
Wadenhoe

Listing Text

The following buildings shall be added to the list:

TL 08 SW ALDWINCLE Stables, immediately north
of The Manor House

4/10004

GV II


Stables. Circa 1881, probably by R.W.Collier. Coursed limestone with freestone dressings.
Limestone slate roof with stone-coped gable ends with corbelled kneelers and small finials,
the west gable has an ashlar stack with pair of shafts with moulded strings and cap. L-shaped
on plan. 1 and 2-light stone windows and plank doors. The south gable of the south east
wing has a pair of doorways and pigeon loft and small diamond-shaped light above in the
in the gable. Interior: Stalls are intact and have posts with ball finials and railings between.


Listing NGR: TL0118381481

This text is from the original listing, and may not necessarily reflect the current setting of the building.

Description

The following buildings shall be added to the list:

TL 08 SW ALDWINCLE Stables, immediately north
of The Manor House

4/10004

GV II


Stables. Circa 1881, probably by R.W.Collier. Coursed limestone with freestone dressings.
Limestone slate roof with stone-coped gable ends with corbelled kneelers and small finials,
the west gable has an ashlar stack with pair of shafts with moulded strings and cap. L-shaped
on plan. 1 and 2-light stone windows and plank doors. The south gable of the south east
wing has a pair of doorways and pigeon loft and small diamond-shaped light above in the
in the gable. Interior: Stalls are intact and have posts with ball finials and railings between.


Listing NGR: TL0118381481

Recommended Books

Other nearby listed buildings

BritishListedBuildings.co.uk is an independent online resource and is not associated with any government department. All government data published here is used under licence. Please do not contact BritishListedBuildings.co.uk for any queries related to any individual listed building, planning permission related to listed buildings or the listing process itself.

British Listed Buildings is a Good Stuff website.