History in Structure

This site is entirely user-supported. See how you can help.

The Manor House

A Grade II Listed Building in Aldwincle, Northamptonshire

We don't have any photos of this building yet. Why don't you be the first to send us one?

Upload Photo »

Approximate Location Map
Large Map »

Coordinates

Latitude: 52.4217 / 52°25'18"N

Longitude: -0.5135 / 0°30'48"W

OS Eastings: 501181

OS Northings: 281449

OS Grid: TL011814

Mapcode National: GBR FYM.2ZG

Mapcode Global: VHFNW.1DWD

Entry Name: The Manor House

Listing Date: 30 August 1994

Grade: II

Source: Historic England

Source ID: 1272691

English Heritage Legacy ID: 448266

Location: Aldwincle, East Northamptonshire, Northamptonshire, NN14

County: Northamptonshire

District: East Northamptonshire

Civil Parish: Aldwincle

Built-Up Area: Aldwincle

Traditional County: Northamptonshire

Lieutenancy Area (Ceremonial County): Northamptonshire

Church of England Parish: Aldwincle St Peter

Church of England Diocese: Peterborough

Find accommodation in
Wadenhoe

Listing Text

The following buildings shall be added to the list:

TL 08 SW ALDWINCLE The Manor House

4/10003 II

GV


House. 1881 by R.W.Collier, extended circa 1900. Coursed limestone with freestone
dressings. Gabled limestone slate roof with small stone finials and lead-clad stone coping to
the gables. Ashlar stacks with multiple shafts with moulded caps. Plan: L-shaped plan with
principal rooms and stairhall in the main front range and a small service yard in the rear
angle, now filled in. In circa 1900 a single storey addition was built at the back. English
Domestic Revival style. Exterior: 2 storeys. Asymmetrical 3-bay south front. Two gables on
left with small diamond panels in gables, 4-light stone mullion first floor windows between
flush stone bands and two canted stone mullion bay windows on ground floor. Similar bay
window on right rising to smaller projecting gable. East side; gable-end of front range on
left with projecting stack and integral flanking windows; wing on right has 1,2,3 and 4-light
stone mullion windows with corbelled ashlar stacks with set-off and small Tudor arches
between the corbels. At the rear of the main front range Tudor arch doorway on right and
covered over small service yard in the angle. At the rear, north, circa 1900 single storey
extension. Interior: fireplace in dining room has Tudor arch, wooden chimneypiece with
deep mantel-shelf and open arcaded inglenook. Staircase with stick balusters and acorn finials
to square newels. Small chimneypieces in chambers with Delft tile surrounds.


Listing NGR: TL0118181449

This text is from the original listing, and may not necessarily reflect the current setting of the building.

Recommended Books

Other nearby listed buildings

BritishListedBuildings.co.uk is an independent online resource and is not associated with any government department. All government data published here is used under licence. Please do not contact BritishListedBuildings.co.uk for any queries related to any individual listed building, planning permission related to listed buildings or the listing process itself.

British Listed Buildings is a Good Stuff website.