This site is entirely user-supported. See how you can help.
Latitude: 51.2779 / 51°16'40"N
Longitude: 0.1209 / 0°7'15"E
OS Eastings: 548025
OS Northings: 155326
OS Grid: TQ480553
Mapcode National: GBR LLJ.TMM
Mapcode Global: VHHPR.14SQ
Entry Name: The Old Hall
Listing Date: 10 September 1954
Source: Historic England
Source ID: 1243928
English Heritage Legacy ID: 448450
Location: Sundridge with Ide Hill, Sevenoaks, Kent, TN14
Civil Parish: Sundridge with Ide Hill
Built-Up Area: Sundridge
Traditional County: Kent
Lieutenancy Area (Ceremonial County): Kent
Church of England Parish: Sundridge St Mary
Church of England Diocese: Rochester
5280 SUNDRIDGE SUNDRIDGE
The Old Hall
TQ 4855 32/1290 10.9.54.
The "Hall House" was restored in 1926 by Professor Beresford Pite. C15. Exposed
framing and vertical 1/2 timbering with rendered infilling. 2 storeys with ridge
tile roof brought down as lean-to at side. Ridge stack. 1st floor oversailing
at either end and supported on exposed joists. Continuous eaves and gutter
supported in centre by curved angle pieces. The Hall, an unusually short one,
comprising only one bay, had been divided into 2 storeys and an attic, but the
floors have been taken out and the old windows with wooden mullions reinstated.
An interesting feature is the old hearth, a circle of fire worn stones, which
was discovered in the centre of the original hard trodden chalk floor when the
later brick floor laid over it was taken up. The Inglenook fireplace and chimney
date from the C17. Modern additions at either side including garage and porch
entrance with screen walling of brick with random stone base and pantile coping.
2-storey brick additions to right hand side.
Listing NGR: TQ4803155324
This text is from the original listing, and may not necessarily reflect the current setting of the building.
Other nearby listed buildings