This site is entirely user-supported. See how you can help.
We don't have any photos of this building yet. Why don't you be the first to send us one?
Latitude: 51.485 / 51°29'5"N
Longitude: -0.1831 / 0°10'59"W
OS Eastings: 526255
OS Northings: 177790
OS Grid: TQ262777
Mapcode National: GBR 3P.2V
Mapcode Global: VHGQY.SX2Z
Plus Code: 9C3XFRM8+XQ
Entry Name: 246, Fulham Road
Listing Date: 9 January 1996
Source: Historic England
Source ID: 1244101
English Heritage Legacy ID: 448910
Location: Kensington and Chelsea, London, SW10
District: Kensington and Chelsea
Electoral Ward/Division: Redcliffe
Built-Up Area: Kensington and Chelsea
Traditional County: Middlesex
Lieutenancy Area (Ceremonial County): Greater London
Church of England Parish: West Brompton St Mary with St Peter and St Jude
Church of England Diocese: London
TQ 2677 NW FULHAM ROAD
249-/60/10054 No. 246
House, 1801-2. Formerly one of a pair of houses, the left-hand of which was demolished in c.1989. Three storeys with basement, faced in stock brick with gauged window arches of yellow brick; original hipped slate roof. Front windows and shop front inserted c.1878 for a firm of undertakers. Marble threshold to shop with inset brass letters spelling 'FUNERALS'. INTERIOR: Ground floor front room: Victorian shop-fittings including shelves on turned supports and mirrors. Ground rear: complete 1802 interior with original doors, cupboards, panelling, sash window with shutters, chimneypiece with reeded ornament, cornice. Ground passage: original panelling, lunette over inner door. Basement: original stairs, doors, cupboards, tiled floor. Staircase: closed string with scrolled ornament to lower flight; very unusual hinged mechanism for lifting lowest flight dating from c.1878; slender columnar newel posts; plain square rails; and swept handrail. Lit by tall original 21-pane sash window. First-floor front: reeded cornice, six-panel doors, shutters. First-floor rear: original doors, cupboard, sash window with shutters. Second-floor front: original doors, cupboards, fireplace (with mid-C19 coal grate). Windows replaced c.1878 but shutters remain. Second-floor rear: original doors, cupboards, sash window with shutters with panelling below.
Listing NGR: TQ2625577790
This text is from the original listing, and may not necessarily reflect the current setting of the building.
Other nearby listed buildings