History in Structure

This site is entirely user-supported. See how you can help.

The Ebenezer Chapel

A Grade II Listed Building in Edenbridge, Kent

We don't have any photos of this building yet. Why don't you be the first to send us one?

Upload Photo »

Approximate Location Map
Large Map »

Coordinates

Latitude: 51.1974 / 51°11'50"N

Longitude: 0.0645 / 0°3'52"E

OS Eastings: 544344

OS Northings: 146272

OS Grid: TQ443462

Mapcode National: GBR LMD.YZ4

Mapcode Global: VHHQ3.25GC

Entry Name: The Ebenezer Chapel

Listing Date: 5 September 1991

Grade: II

Source: Historic England

Source ID: 1244278

English Heritage Legacy ID: 449204

Location: Edenbridge, Sevenoaks, Kent, TN8

County: Kent

District: Sevenoaks

Civil Parish: Edenbridge

Built-Up Area: Edenbridge

Traditional County: Kent

Lieutenancy Area (Ceremonial County): Kent

Church of England Parish: Edenbridge St Peter and St Paul

Church of England Diocese: Rochester

Find accommodation in
Edenbridge

Listing Text

The following building shall be added to the list;

TQ 4446 EDENBRIDGE HIGH STREET

12/1507 The Ebenezer Chapel

II


Non-conformist chapel. Built in 1808, with late C19 gable end. Weather
boarded with brick gable end to street and slate roof. Gable end has
brick modillions and kneelers. Side elevation has original 12-pane sash
in reveals and doorcase with flat woode hood on brackets and double
doors with 2 panels. Attached to rear is lower elevation lean-to vestry
with half-glazed door. Interior of chapel has roof of arched brace type
and wooden cornice and pilasters, hexagonal pulpit with stick balusters,
resued oak floor boards and some fixed original benches. Wall tablet to
Thomas Chandler pastor d.1866. Vestry has original 2 panelled door,
corner cupboard and benches.


Listing NGR: TQ4434446272

This text is from the original listing, and may not necessarily reflect the current setting of the building.

Description

The following building shall be added to the list;

TQ 4446 EDENBRIDGE HIGH STREET

12/1507 The Ebenezer Chapel

II


Non-conformist chapel. Built in 1808, with late C19 gable end. Weather
boarded with brick gable end to street and slate roof. Gable end has
brick modillions and kneelers. Side elevation has original 12-pane sash
in reveals and doorcase with flat woode hood on brackets and double
doors with 2 panels. Attached to rear is lower elevation lean-to vestry
with half-glazed door. Interior of chapel has roof of arched brace type
and wooden cornice and pilasters, hexagonal pulpit with stick balusters,
resued oak floor boards and some fixed original benches. Wall tablet to
Thomas Chandler pastor d.1866. Vestry has original 2 panelled door,
corner cupboard and benches.


Listing NGR: TQ4434446272

Recommended Books

Other nearby listed buildings

BritishListedBuildings.co.uk is an independent online resource and is not associated with any government department. All government data published here is used under licence. Please do not contact BritishListedBuildings.co.uk for any queries related to any individual listed building, planning permission related to listed buildings or the listing process itself.

British Listed Buildings is a Good Stuff website.