History in Structure

This site is entirely user-supported. See how you can help.

Hatcham Liberal Club and Attached Forecourt Wall and Railings

A Grade II Listed Building in Lewisham, London

More Photos »
Approximate Location Map
Large Map »

Coordinates

Latitude: 51.4744 / 51°28'27"N

Longitude: -0.0483 / 0°2'53"W

OS Eastings: 535645

OS Northings: 176851

OS Grid: TQ356768

Mapcode National: GBR JC.Y82

Mapcode Global: VHGR7.36VL

Entry Name: Hatcham Liberal Club and Attached Forecourt Wall and Railings

Listing Date: 17 February 1999

Grade: II

Source: Historic England

Source ID: 1245552

English Heritage Legacy ID: 472994

Location: Lewisham, London, SE14

County: London

District: Lewisham

Electoral Ward/Division: Telegraph Hill

Built-Up Area: Lewisham

Traditional County: Surrey

Lieutenancy Area (Ceremonial County): Greater London

Church of England Parish: Hatcham Park All Saints

Church of England Diocese: Southwark

Find accommodation in
Deptford

Listing Text


TQ 3576 QUEENS ROAD
No.369
Hatcham Liberal club
and attached
forecourt wall and railings

779-/6/10088
II

Liberal Club. Circa 1880 in Queen Anne Dutch style. Built of brick, mainly yellow brick but front of red brick with ceramic dressings and pantiled roof with 5 tall brick chimneystacks. Three storeys attics and basements; 3 windows. Two end Dutch gables with circular windows to attics. Below these are paired sashes to second floor and three storey canted bays below with decorated pediments, panels and rubbed brick aprons. Central second floor window has curved oriel with decorated ceramic base. First floor has cambered opening with keystone, balcony and French window. Central porch with decorated pediment with shield with lettering "EST. 1880" and two partly fluted Tuscan columns on brick piers. Five panelled door with cambered fanlight. Attached wall with two chamfered gatepiers and cast iron railings with scrolled principals. INTERIOR: Entrance Hall has tiled walls with round-headed panels and three doorcases with eared architraves and brass plaque to G Rhodes Secretary 1902-1927. Staircase has metal balustrading, mahogany handrail and tiled dado panelling. Both the Committee Room and Meeting Room have tiled dado panelling and original fireplace.


Listing NGR: TQ3564576851

This text is from the original listing, and may not necessarily reflect the current setting of the building.

Recommended Books

Other nearby listed buildings

BritishListedBuildings.co.uk is an independent online resource and is not associated with any government department. All government data published here is used under licence. Please do not contact BritishListedBuildings.co.uk for any queries related to any individual listed building, planning permission related to listed buildings or the listing process itself.

British Listed Buildings is a Good Stuff website.