This site is entirely user-supported. See how you can help.
Latitude: 51.2743 / 51°16'27"N
Longitude: 0.1878 / 0°11'16"E
OS Eastings: 552704
OS Northings: 155070
OS Grid: TQ527550
Mapcode National: GBR MN4.0B3
Mapcode Global: VHHPS.67NF
Entry Name: 125, London Road
Listing Date: 3 July 2001
Source: Historic England
Source ID: 1245938
English Heritage Legacy ID: 487709
Location: Sevenoaks, Sevenoaks, Kent, TN13
Civil Parish: Sevenoaks
Built-Up Area: Sevenoaks
Traditional County: Kent
Lieutenancy Area (Ceremonial County): Kent
Church of England Parish: Sevenoaks St Luke
Church of England Diocese: Rochester
661/0/10017 LONDON ROAD
House. Circa 1835. Classical style symmetrical house built of yellow brick in flemish bond to front but Kentish ragstone to rear with brick dressings, on tooled plinth. Hipped slate roof with wide eaves cornice and two brick chimneystacks. Two storeys: three windows. Front elevation has 16-pane sashes with narrow glazing bars with larger windows to the ground floor and central stone Tuscan portico with doorcase with rectangular fanlight, cast iron lantern and four-panelled door with C19 stained glass to upper panels. Rear elevation has double pitched roof with valley. End 16-pane sashes to first floor and central 12-pane sash lighting staircase on first floor. Central doorcase with tooled flat stone hood with brackets and four-panelled door, the top panels glazed the lower ones flush.
INTERIOR: Central staircase with stick balusters and column newel and elliptical arch to hall with brackets decorated with anthemion and other motif. Several fireplaces inluding an early C19 reeded marble fireplace with paterae to sitting room with cast iron basket grate brought in, a later C19 black marble fireplace with tiled surround to dining room , a later C19 cast iron fireplace to rear room and plainer early C19 marble fireplace to first floor with cast iron basket grate. A dining room window retains original wooden shutters.
HISTORY: Tradition that it was built for the daughter of a miller to a nearby windmill. At different times it has been known as St Mary's Lodge and Henderson House.
Listing NGR: TQ5270455070
This text is from the original listing, and may not necessarily reflect the current setting of the building.
Other nearby listed buildings