This site is entirely user-supported. See how you can help.
Latitude: 51.5218 / 51°31'18"N
Longitude: -0.1179 / 0°7'4"W
OS Eastings: 530672
OS Northings: 182004
OS Grid: TQ306820
Mapcode National: GBR K8.PM
Mapcode Global: VHGQZ.X00P
Plus Code: 9C3XGVCJ+PR
Entry Name: 13 Rugby Street
Listing Date: 14 May 1974
Source: Historic England
Source ID: 1246368
English Heritage Legacy ID: 477907
Location: Camden, London, WC1N
Electoral Ward/Division: Holborn and Covent Garden
Built-Up Area: Camden
Traditional County: Middlesex
Lieutenancy Area (Ceremonial County): Greater London
Church of England Parish: St George Queen Square
Church of England Diocese: London
This list entry was subject to a Minor Amendment on 26/06/2017
RUGBY STREET (South side)
(Formerly listed as No.13 French's Dairy)
Terraced house incorporating medieval conduit. c1721, altered. Brown brick with red brick dressings.
Four storeys and cellar. Three windows. Mid C19 wooden shopfront with pilasters supporting a dentil entablature flanked by foliated consoles with lion masks. Dark blue tiles to shopfront; on the riser a panel of white tiles with blue lettering "Dairy".
House and shop doorways with rectangular overlights and panelled doors (the shop part-glazed). Stucco strip above the shop and first floor sill band. Gauged red brick flat arches to recessed two-pane sashes. Parapet (rebuilt).
INTERIOR: with panelling to some of the rooms and beneath the floor of the rear extension a rectangular conduit chamber.
HISTORICAL NOTE: plaque on front of shop inscribed "In the rear is the White Conduit (circa 1300) originally part of the water supply to the Greyfriars Monastery, Newgate Street."
Listing NGR: TQ3067282004
This text is from the original listing, and may not necessarily reflect the current setting of the building.
Other nearby listed buildings