History in Structure

This site is entirely user-supported. See how you can help.

Newcastle House and Attached Boundary Wall

A Grade II Listed Building in Nottingham, City of Nottingham

Former Viyella factory, Castle Boulevard, Nottingham

Uploader's Comments

Newcastle House named after the Duke of Newcastle who developed Nottingham Castle Park in the 19th century. (Photo Sept 2014). Factory and offices, 1931-33 by FA Broadhead for William Hollins & Co, manufacturers of Viyella fabric. Structural engineering by the Indented Bar and Concrete Engineering Co. Ltd., of Westminster. Clock added c1960. Converted and altered, with renewed cladding, c1985.

Uploaded by Andrew H Jackson
on 8 October 2014

Photo ID: 114455
Building ID: 101246564

 
Photo Navigator

BritishListedBuildings.co.uk is an independent online resource and is not associated with any government department. All government data published here is used under licence. Please do not contact BritishListedBuildings.co.uk for any queries related to any individual listed building, planning permission related to listed buildings or the listing process itself.

British Listed Buildings is a Good Stuff website.