This site is entirely user-supported. See how you can help.
Latitude: 52.9546 / 52°57'16"N
Longitude: -1.1563 / 1°9'22"W
OS Eastings: 456779
OS Northings: 340019
OS Grid: SK567400
Mapcode National: GBR LMP.R0
Mapcode Global: WHDGS.6ZNV
Plus Code: 9C4WXR3V+RF
Entry Name: Colston House
Listing Date: 30 November 1995
Source: Historic England
Source ID: 1247207
English Heritage Legacy ID: 456514
Location: Nottingham, NG1
County: City of Nottingham
Electoral Ward/Division: Radford and Park
Built-Up Area: Nottingham
Traditional County: Nottinghamshire
Lieutenancy Area (Ceremonial County): Nottinghamshire
Church of England Parish: Nottingham St Peter with St James
Church of England Diocese: Southwell and Nottingham
SK5640SE DERBY ROAD
646-1/13/170 (South West side)
Nos.21, 23 AND 25A
Includes: No.1 Colston House NORTH CIRCUS STREET.
3 shops and offices. 1878. By RC Sutton of Nottingham for Dr
Claude Taylor. Red brick, with terracotta dressings and hipped
slate roof with a corbelled side wall stack. Italianate style.
Plinth, modillion eaves cornice. Windows to upper floors have
aprons. 2 storeys; 3 x 3 windows. At the corner, an original
wooden shopfront, returned on both fronts, with pilasters and
dentillated fascia cornice. Renewed double doors under
original swan-necked pediment and cartouche. On each side, a
plate glass shop window with moulded arched head, elliptical
to the left, round to the right.
Derby Road front has to left an altered shopfront under a
cornice, with plate glass windows. Above, a square brick oriel
window, 3-lights, with parapet. On each side, a similar
2-light sash with cornice. Above again, a recessed central bay
with C20 glazing. On each side, a segment-headed sash, 2
Right return, to North Circus Street, has on the ground floor
a central plain sash, and to right a doorway with sidelights
under a common pediment. To its right, a side entry. Above, a
central sash flanked by pairs of sashes with cornices, and
above again, similar fenestration with segment-headed windows.
The second floor may have been used as a photographic studio.
Listing NGR: SK5677940019
This text is from the original listing, and may not necessarily reflect the current setting of the building.
Other nearby listed buildings