History in Structure

This site is entirely user-supported. See how you can help.

High Ridge Farmhouse

A Grade II Listed Building in Bramhope, Leeds

We don't have any photos of this building yet. Why don't you be the first to send us one?

Upload Photo »

Approximate Location Map
Large Map »

Coordinates

Latitude: 53.8851 / 53°53'6"N

Longitude: -1.6035 / 1°36'12"W

OS Eastings: 426156

OS Northings: 443288

OS Grid: SE261432

Mapcode National: GBR KR7J.M1

Mapcode Global: WHC8Z.BLNY

Plus Code: 9C5WV9PW+3H

Entry Name: High Ridge Farmhouse

Listing Date: 7 April 1988

Grade: II

Source: Historic England

Source ID: 1251083

English Heritage Legacy ID: 433691

Location: Arthington, Leeds, LS16

County: Leeds

Civil Parish: Arthington

Built-Up Area: Bramhope

Traditional County: Yorkshire

Lieutenancy Area (Ceremonial County): West Yorkshire

Church of England Parish: Bramhope St Giles

Church of England Diocese: Leeds

Find accommodation in
Bramhope

Description

In the entry for:- ARTHINGTON BREARY LANE EAST
(north side)

6/97
Nos. 73 and 75
(High Ridge Farmhouse)

The address shall be amended to read

SE24 SE ARTHINGTON BREARY LANE EAST
(north side)
6/97 Nos 73 and 75
(High Ridge)

------------------------------------

ARTHINGTON BREARY LANE EAST
SE 24 SE
LS 16 (north side)
6/97 Nos. 73 and 75
- (High Ridge Farmhouse)
- II

Farmhouse, now 2 dwellings. Later C17, with rear wing dated 1626 on lintel
of former doorway; altered. Coursed squared sandstone, slate roof. T-plan
formed by 2-unit front range with rear wing. Almost symmetrical 2-storey
two-bay facade has a continuous dripmould, a doorway offset slightly right of
centre with stop-chamfered surround and shaped lintel (covered by modern
glazed porch) a blocked former doorway at the left end, with chamfered
surround, vertical joints at the right-hand end suggesting the position of
another former doorway, and 2 windows on each floor, all probably formerly of
4 lights, with double-chamfered surrounds and chamfered mullions, but that to
left at ground floor altered, and the others lacking the 1st and 3rd mullions
(that to right at ground floor with sill lowered). Gable chimneys, and gable
copings with kneelers. Single-storey rear wing has Tudor-arched former
doorway (altered as a window), the lintel with raised lettering "1626".
Interior of No. 75 (right-hand half) has some stop-chamfered beams.


Listing NGR: SE2615643288

Recommended Books

Other nearby listed buildings

BritishListedBuildings.co.uk is an independent online resource and is not associated with any government department. All government data published here is used under licence. Please do not contact BritishListedBuildings.co.uk for any queries related to any individual listed building, planning permission related to listed buildings or the listing process itself.

British Listed Buildings is a Good Stuff website.