History in Structure

This site is entirely user-supported. See how you can help.

Barn Approximately 30 Metres South West of Manor Farmhouse

A Grade II Listed Building in Guiseley, Leeds

We don't have any photos of this building yet. Why don't you be the first to send us one?

Upload Photo »

Approximate Location Map
Large Map »

Coordinates

Latitude: 53.8644 / 53°51'51"N

Longitude: -1.7186 / 1°43'7"W

OS Eastings: 418601

OS Northings: 440942

OS Grid: SE186409

Mapcode National: GBR JRFR.QG

Mapcode Global: WHC93.K4TB

Entry Name: Barn Approximately 30 Metres South West of Manor Farmhouse

Listing Date: 7 April 1988

Grade: II

Source: Historic England

Source ID: 1252609

English Heritage Legacy ID: 433677

Location: Leeds, LS20

County: Leeds

Electoral Ward/Division: Guiseley and Rawdon

Built-Up Area: Guiseley

Traditional County: Yorkshire

Lieutenancy Area (Ceremonial County): West Yorkshire

Church of England Parish: Guiseley St Oswald King and Martyr

Church of England Diocese: Leeds

Find accommodation in
Guiseley

Listing Text

AIREBOROUGH OLD HOLLINS HILL
SE 14 SE
LS 20 (east side, off)
Guiseley
4/67 Barn, approx. 30 metres
- south-west of
Manor Farmhouse
GV II

Barn. Dated 1720 on lintel of former door. Coursed squared sandstone, stone
slate roof. Five bays with front aisles making U-plan. Central wagon
entrance recessed between aisles has timber lintel; front walls of aisles
have former doorways, that on the left altered as a window, the lintel
inscribed " M , that on the right blocked; inserted double doors to the
right. W A
1720"

Interior: kingpost roof trusses with Y-struts; timber aisle posts with
bracing to aisle plates and to tie-beans of roof trusses. The initials are
those of William and Alice Myers, married 1700.


Listing NGR: SE1860140942

This text is from the original listing, and may not necessarily reflect the current setting of the building.

Description

AIREBOROUGH OLD HOLLINS HILL
SE 14 SE
LS 20 (east side, off)
Guiseley
4/67 Barn, approx. 30 metres
- south-west of
Manor Farmhouse
GV II

Barn. Dated 1720 on lintel of former door. Coursed squared sandstone, stone
slate roof. Five bays with front aisles making U-plan. Central wagon
entrance recessed between aisles has timber lintel; front walls of aisles
have former doorways, that on the left altered as a window, the lintel
inscribed " M , that on the right blocked; inserted double doors to the
right. W A
1720"

Interior: kingpost roof trusses with Y-struts; timber aisle posts with
bracing to aisle plates and to tie-beans of roof trusses. The initials are
those of William and Alice Myers, married 1700.


Listing NGR: SE1860140942

Recommended Books

Other nearby listed buildings

BritishListedBuildings.co.uk is an independent online resource and is not associated with any government department. All government data published here is used under licence. Please do not contact BritishListedBuildings.co.uk for any queries related to any individual listed building, planning permission related to listed buildings or the listing process itself.

British Listed Buildings is a Good Stuff website.