History in Structure

This site is entirely user-supported. See how you can help.

Fulwell Golf Club House (Ladies Changing Rooms and Kkitchen)

A Grade II Listed Building in Richmond upon Thames, Richmond upon Thames

More Photos »
Approximate Location Map
Large Map »

Coordinates

Latitude: 51.4333 / 51°25'59"N

Longitude: -0.3526 / 0°21'9"W

OS Eastings: 514611

OS Northings: 171766

OS Grid: TQ146717

Mapcode National: GBR 5K.KRC

Mapcode Global: VHFTS.T7YK

Entry Name: Fulwell Golf Club House (Ladies Changing Rooms and Kkitchen)

Listing Date: 10 August 1990

Grade: II

Source: Historic England

Source ID: 1254356

English Heritage Legacy ID: 437837

Location: Richmond upon Thames, London, TW12

County: Richmond upon Thames

Electoral Ward/Division: Fulwell and Hampton Hill

Built-Up Area: Richmond upon Thames

Traditional County: Middlesex

Lieutenancy Area (Ceremonial County): Greater London

Church of England Parish: St James Hampton Hill

Church of England Diocese: London

Find accommodation in
Teddington

Listing Text

The following building shall be added:-

TQ 1471 WELLINGTON ROAD (off)
FULWELL GOLF CLUB HOUSE
18/211 (LADIES CHANGING ROOMS AND KITCHEN)

II

Former farmhouse, later golf club house. C.1830. Built of stock brick in Flemish
bond with hipped slate roof with stock brick stack. Wooden wide modillion eaves
cornice. Central part of 2 storeys with 3 window spaces, the central are blank.
1st floor has 2 16-pane sashes. Stringcourse. Ground floor has one 16-pane sash,
1 round-headed blank and French windows to right hand side. 2 lower wings on each
side of central part, left wing has 1st floor 16-pane sash and 12-pane sash to ground
floor. Left casement to 1st floor right and round-headed arch with doorcase with
surround and paterae and 6 panelled door the top 4 panels glazed. Right side wing
of 2 storeys 4 windows; 3 casements and one9 pane sash with horns. Ground floor
has 2 cembered French windows; one 12-pane sash and built in doorcase with reeded
and paterae. End 2 bays probably not original. Rear elevation has central part
with 2 16-pane sashes with central blank and windows with reeded architraves with
paterae. One wing has 2 sashes other wing obscured by later building not of special
interest. Interior contains a reused early C18 wooden staircase with 1 twisted and
one columner baluster to each step and corner posts in the form of composite columns.
2 early C19 4 panelled doors with raised patterns and set of 3 folding doors with
similar pattern. 2 late C19 chimney pieces with rose and pomegranite details. Tiled
former dairy with slate shelves. A golf club house since the 1920s it was formerly
a farmhouse known as Slade Farmhouse.


Listing NGR: TQ1461171766

This text is from the original listing, and may not necessarily reflect the current setting of the building.

Recommended Books

Other nearby listed buildings

BritishListedBuildings.co.uk is an independent online resource and is not associated with any government department. All government data published here is used under licence. Please do not contact BritishListedBuildings.co.uk for any queries related to any individual listed building, planning permission related to listed buildings or the listing process itself.

British Listed Buildings is a Good Stuff website.