This site is entirely user-supported. See how you can help.
Latitude: 51.0685 / 51°4'6"N
Longitude: -1.7905 / 1°47'25"W
OS Eastings: 414774
OS Northings: 129933
OS Grid: SU147299
Mapcode National: GBR 517.XTF
Mapcode Global: FRA 7649.88F
Entry Name: 61, Milford Street
Listing Date: 28 February 1952
Source: Historic England
Source ID: 1258078
English Heritage Legacy ID: 444231
Location: Salisbury, Wiltshire, SP1
Civil Parish: Salisbury
Built-Up Area: Salisbury
Traditional County: Wiltshire
Lieutenancy Area (Ceremonial County): Wiltshire
Church of England Parish: Salisbury St Thomas and St Edmund
Church of England Diocese: Salisbury
1954 (North Side)
SU 1429 NE 4/207 28.2.52.
C16, altered C18. 2 storey. Double gabled front with smaller left hand gable
tile hung. Brick on ground floor. Old tile roof. 3-light leaded casement
in left hand gable and 2 C18 sash flush windows on ground floor. Right hand
gable has 3-light leaded casement in gable and early Cl9 shop front on ground
floor, with glazed door of 'Gothic' arched top and rectangular
glazing pattern to left hand and wide projecting window (9 panes wide, 3 high)
with panelled apron, all under small pent tile roof at foot of gable. Largely
obscured by modern fascia and blind ease. Guilder Street front irregular timber
framed with colourwashed brick infilling. One gabled dormer, 2-light casement.
One 3-light leaded casement on ground floor and 6-Panel door in right hand
Formerly had C18 warehouse to rear, now demolished.
Nos 55 to 61 (odd) & 65 form a group.
Listing NGR: SU1477429933
This text is from the original listing, and may not necessarily reflect the current setting of the building.
Other nearby listed buildings