This site is entirely user-supported. See how you can help.
Latitude: 54.6915 / 54°41'29"N
Longitude: -1.2022 / 1°12'7"W
OS Eastings: 451526
OS Northings: 533235
OS Grid: NZ515332
Mapcode National: GBR NG16.J0
Mapcode Global: WHD6F.HBRR
Plus Code: 9C6WMQRX+J4
Entry Name: Seaton High Light
Listing Date: 17 December 1985
Source: Historic England
Source ID: 1263126
English Heritage Legacy ID: 433127
Location: Hartlepool, TS24
Electoral Ward/Division: Headland and Harbour
Parish: Non Civil Parish
Built-Up Area: Hartlepool
Traditional County: Durham
Lieutenancy Area (Ceremonial County): County Durham
Church of England Parish: Hartlepool St Oswald
Church of England Diocese: Durham
This list entry was subject to a Minor Amendment on 19/02/2014
NZ 5130 (NZ 513 307)
Jackson's Landing, The Highlight.
Seaton High Light
(Formerly listed as Seaton High Light, in grounds of Vulcan Materials U.K. Ltd, WINDERMERE ROAD (off west side))
River navigation light tower; 1838, for the Tees Navigation Company. Formerly located at the Vulcan Materials UK Ltd site in Longhill but subsequently moved to its current location at the east end of Jackson's Landing. Magnesian limestone ashlar, internally lined with brick. Tuscan column on stepped pedestal with banded rustication and having cyma-recta-moulded plinth. Slit-lights within the coursing of masonry of column. Doorway in east face of pedestal, has architrave, keystone dated 1838 and ledged and battened door. Contains newel stair; and formerly supported a lantern now missing. Disused and dilapidated at time of listing survey (c.1985), but subsequently restored.
Listing NGR: NZ5152633235
This text is from the original listing, and may not necessarily reflect the current setting of the building.
Other nearby listed buildings