This site is entirely user-supported. See how you can help.
We don't have any photos of this building yet. Why don't you be the first to send us one?
Latitude: 52.8928 / 52°53'34"N
Longitude: -1.1511 / 1°9'4"W
OS Eastings: 457207
OS Northings: 333156
OS Grid: SK572331
Mapcode National: GBR 8JB.PSF
Mapcode Global: WHDH5.9K34
Entry Name: Church Side
Listing Date: 13 November 1986
Source: Historic England
Source ID: 1263508
English Heritage Legacy ID: 431190
Location: Ruddington, Rushcliffe, Nottinghamshire, NG11
Civil Parish: Ruddington
Built-Up Area: Ruddington
Traditional County: Nottinghamshire
Lieutenancy Area (Ceremonial County): Nottinghamshire
Church of England Parish: Ruddington
Church of England Diocese: Southwell and Nottingham
SK 53 SE RUDDINGTON VICARAGE LANE
5/116 Church Side
2 cottages, now single house. Mid C16 with later C17 and C18
alterations and extensions, converted into single house 1952.
Originally timber framed, red brick nogging and facing, render to
base with rubble plinth in parts. Slate roof. Right gable and
left external gable red brick stacks. 2 storeys, 7 bays, the
right 3 bays being the earliest build. Having from left to right
a single tripartite glazing bar casement, a doorway with plank
door, a single glazing bar casement, a very small fixed light, a
doorway with plank door under segmental arch and 2 glazing bar
casements. Above are 3 glazing bar casements and to the right a
single small glazing bar casement. Visible timbers being the
remains of a single post and single girding beam to the right
single bay. There are 2 X tie plates. To the left, set back, is
a red brick and slate lean-to with single glazing bar casement.
Interior has chamfered beam with lozenge style stops. C18 brick
fireplace flanked by single small triangular arched niches.
Remains of several posts, sill beam and wall plates. First floor
with remains of tie beams and curved brace. 2 plank doors with
Listing NGR: SK5720733156
This text is from the original listing, and may not necessarily reflect the current setting of the building.
Other nearby listed buildings