This site is entirely user-supported. See how you can help.
We don't have any photos of this building yet. Why don't you be the first to send us one?
Latitude: 53.0257 / 53°1'32"N
Longitude: -1.2776 / 1°16'39"W
OS Eastings: 448547
OS Northings: 347844
OS Grid: SK485478
Mapcode National: GBR 7F9.7SS
Mapcode Global: WHDGJ.B6VR
Plus Code: 9C5W2PGC+7W
Entry Name: The Manse
Listing Date: 9 September 1987
Source: Historic England
Source ID: 1263849
English Heritage Legacy ID: 429421
Location: Greasley, Broxtowe, Nottinghamshire, NG16
Civil Parish: Greasley
Built-Up Area: Eastwood
Traditional County: Nottinghamshire
Lieutenancy Area (Ceremonial County): Nottinghamshire
Church of England Parish: Greasley
Church of England Diocese: Southwell and Nottingham
SK 44 NE GREASLEY MOORGREEN
2/28 The Manse
Manse, now a house. 1873. By E. W. Godwin for Earl Cowper.
Extended c.1895 and c.1947. Vernacular Revival style. Brick
with patterened tile hanging and gabled and catslide plain tile
roofs. Partly timber framed. Chamfered plinth, ashlar
dressings. Single side wall and 3 ridge stacks. Windows are
plain sashes, formerly with leaded glazing. Main west front has
to left, late C19 gabled wing and lower connecting wing. 2
casements with segmental heads. To right, 2 small casements. To
their right, moulded ogee headed ashlar doorcase flanked to right
by small light. To right again, gabled wing with 2 storey canted
bay window with 4 sashes on each floor. Above, to left, casement
and large tile hung gabled dormer. South gable has cellar
opening with flanking buttress under tile hood with wooden
brackets. Flanked by single sashes. Above, to left, sash, and
plaque inscribed 'C. 1873'. Timber framed gable, above, has
herringbone brick nogging, ogee bargeboards, and louvred vent.
Rear has off-centre 2 storey half hipped bay and single sash
flanked to left by French window and to right by triple sash.
Above, to left, 2 double sashes. To right, rear wing, 1947, 2
bays. This building is one of a number of farmhouses and estate
cottages designed by E. W. Godwin for Earl Cowper in 1872-78.
Listing NGR: SK4854747844
This text is from the original listing, and may not necessarily reflect the current setting of the building.
Other nearby listed buildings