History in Structure

This site is entirely user-supported. See how you can help.

Lead Cistern to South of West Door of Church of St Mary's

A Grade II Listed Building in Hugh town, Isles of Scilly

More Photos »
Approximate Location Map
Large Map »

Coordinates

Latitude: 49.9152 / 49°54'54"N

Longitude: -6.3108 / 6°18'38"W

OS Eastings: 90648

OS Northings: 10573

OS Grid: SV906105

Mapcode National: GBR BXTX.05F

Mapcode Global: VGYC4.KDKD

Entry Name: Lead Cistern to South of West Door of Church of St Mary's

Listing Date: 14 December 1992

Grade: II

Source: Historic England

Source ID: 1264105

English Heritage Legacy ID: 428681

Location: St. Mary's, Isles of Scilly, TR21

County: Isles of Scilly

Civil Parish: St. Mary's

Built-Up Area: Hugh town

Lieutenancy Area (Ceremonial County): Cornwall

Church of England Parish: Isles of Scilly

Church of England Diocese: Truro

Find accommodation in
Hugh Town

Listing Text

ST. MARY'S

SV9010 CHURCH ROAD, Hugh Town
1358-0/8/43 (North side)
Lead cistern to S. of W. door of
Church of St. Mary's

GV II

Water cistern. Dated 1727. Lead, with chamfered granite
plinth. Rectangular. Heraldic plaques and cartouches set in
strapwork panels; maker's mark to north panel reads "HEZ.
WALKER LONDON" above crown on laurel wreath. West panel has
cherubs over GR crowns flanking arms with 3 cannon. Moved to
its present position position from Star Castle (q.v.).


Listing NGR: SV9064510574

This text is from the original listing, and may not necessarily reflect the current setting of the building.

Recommended Books

Other nearby listed buildings

BritishListedBuildings.co.uk is an independent online resource and is not associated with any government department. All government data published here is used under licence. Please do not contact BritishListedBuildings.co.uk for any queries related to any individual listed building, planning permission related to listed buildings or the listing process itself.

British Listed Buildings is a Good Stuff website.