This site is entirely user-supported. See how you can help.
We don't have any photos of this building yet. Why don't you be the first to send us one?
Latitude: 51.6187 / 51°37'7"N
Longitude: -2.1486 / 2°8'54"W
OS Eastings: 389810
OS Northings: 191102
OS Grid: ST898911
Mapcode National: GBR 1P6.HM3
Mapcode Global: VH95K.QL00
Entry Name: Main Stable Block to Former Estcourt House
Listing Date: 16 March 1987
Source: Historic England
Source ID: 1264941
English Heritage Legacy ID: 426407
Location: Shipton Moyne, Cotswold, Gloucestershire, GL8
Civil Parish: Shipton Moyne
Traditional County: Gloucestershire
Lieutenancy Area (Ceremonial County): Gloucestershire
Church of England Parish: Shipton Moyne St John the Baptist
Church of England Diocese: Gloucester
SHIPTON MOYNE ESTCOURT PARK
ST 89 SE
7/163 Main stable block to former
Large formal stable block. Dated 1781 on both end pediments.
Ashlar faced coursed stone with stone slate roof, with central rear
wings with concrete tiles. Large single T-shape range of single
storey and loft with central and end pedimented bays and central
bay stepped back twice to rear. Pediments with moulded stone
cornice, datestone to each end and clock face to centre, with large
round keyed oculus with radial glazing to loft level. Central bay
has very tall wooden bellcote with arched sides and domed lead roof
with ball finial and weathervane. Large basket arch with imposts
to ground floor of each, open in centre but with C20 sliding doors,
top of arch glazed to each end and with inset stonework leading to
stalls. Between arches are to each side 3 round-headed recessed
blind arches with 3-tiered ventilator to each with sill band at
impost level. Interior retains virtually all its original
fittings including mangers, feeding racks, stalls and partitions,
and has chamfered edge square cast iron column in each end bay.
Mounting block of 4 steps to right of central open arch. This
forms the most important surviving formal building, along with the
coach house (q.v.), from Estcourt House estate, now demolished.
Listing NGR: ST8981091102
This text is from the original listing, and may not necessarily reflect the current setting of the building.
Other nearby listed buildings