History in Structure

This site is entirely user-supported. See how you can help.

Coach House, Stables, Ostler's Accommodation and Wall Immediately North West of Warslow Hall

A Grade II Listed Building in Warslow and Elkstones, Staffordshire

We don't have any photos of this building yet. Why don't you be the first to send us one?

Upload Photo »

Approximate Location Map
Large Map »

Coordinates

Latitude: 53.1323 / 53°7'56"N

Longitude: -1.8663 / 1°51'58"W

OS Eastings: 409039

OS Northings: 359467

OS Grid: SK090594

Mapcode National: GBR 35V.NYW

Mapcode Global: WHCDJ.9JHK

Entry Name: Coach House, Stables, Ostler's Accommodation and Wall Immediately North West of Warslow Hall

Listing Date: 1 February 1967

Last Amended: 15 March 1985

Grade: II

Source: Historic England

Source ID: 1265743

English Heritage Legacy ID: 423549

Location: Warslow and Elkstones, Staffordshire Moorlands, Staffordshire, SK17

County: Staffordshire

District: Staffordshire Moorlands

Civil Parish: Warslow and Elkstones

Traditional County: Staffordshire

Lieutenancy Area (Ceremonial County): Staffordshire

Church of England Parish: Warslow with Elkstone

Church of England Diocese: Lichfield

Find accommodation in
Warslow

Listing Text

SK 05 NE
4/143

WARSLOW AND ELKSTONES C.P.
B5053 (East side)
Coach house, stables, ostler's accommodation and wall immediately northwest of Warslow Hall.

(Previously included in list entry "Outbuildings at Warslow Hall").

1.2.67.

GV
II

Coach house, stables and ostler's accommodation and wall. Dated 1820 R.B.M. Coursed and squared rubble with chisel dressed ashlar quoins and dressings and ashlar coping to wall; hipped stone slate roofs; ashlar ridge stacks. Ranges to west, north and south and wall to southeast enclosing an irregular shaped courtyard.

West range: two storeys; eight first floor windows irregularly spaced and grouped towards the left and centre; three ground floor windows, two to left and one to left of centre; all 16-pane glazing bar sashes with raised sills; doors to left and left of centre, both with small pane overlights, the latter has a datestone above with straight dripstone over. Two pairs of carriage entries each with two-leaved panelled doors to left of centre and right of centre, the latter with straight dripstone over; tall carriage entry to right retaining the upper part of the doors; square cupola over with small pane windows and hipped roof, surmounted by a weather vane.

North range: one storey; stable doors to left, right and centre; six windows of various sizes; small fixed light windows to left of left hand and centre doors; 16-pane glazing bar sash to right of centre door; 20-pane glazing bar sash to left of right hand door, small fixed light window between the two.

South range: one storey; three windows; 16-pane glazing bar sashes; three panelled doors.

Southeast wall: Links range to service wing; six panelled door to left, low kennel arch to right.

Listing NGR: SK0903959467

This text is from the original listing, and may not necessarily reflect the current setting of the building.

Recommended Books

Other nearby listed buildings

BritishListedBuildings.co.uk is an independent online resource and is not associated with any government department. All government data published here is used under licence. Please do not contact BritishListedBuildings.co.uk for any queries related to any individual listed building, planning permission related to listed buildings or the listing process itself.

British Listed Buildings is a Good Stuff website.