This site is entirely user-supported. See how you can help.
We don't have any photos of this building yet. Why don't you be the first to send us one?
Latitude: 53.2296 / 53°13'46"N
Longitude: -1.1956 / 1°11'44"W
OS Eastings: 453791
OS Northings: 370585
OS Grid: SK537705
Mapcode National: GBR 8D6.JJ5
Mapcode Global: WHDFL.L2VY
Plus Code: 9C5W6RH3+RP
Entry Name: Langwith Lodge
Listing Date: 12 April 1985
Source: Historic England
Source ID: 1267055
English Heritage Legacy ID: 419875
Location: Nether Langwith, Bassetlaw, Nottinghamshire, NG20
Civil Parish: Nether Langwith
Traditional County: Nottinghamshire
Lieutenancy Area (Ceremonial County): Nottinghamshire
Church of England Parish: Norton Cuckney
Church of England Diocese: Southwell and Nottingham
SK 57 SW NETHER LANGWITH LANGWITH LODGE
7/115 Langwith Lodge
House, now hospital. 1904 by Louis Ambler for the Duke of
Portland's agent. Red brick with ashlar dressings. Slate roof.
2 projecting gable and 2 ridge red brick and ashlar stacks.
Ashlar cornice. Plinth. Quoins. Neo-Georgian, H-plan. 2
storeys plus attic, 11 bays. The outer 3 bays, either side,
project and are gabled with an ashlar band forming a pediment.
The single, central, slightly projecting bay has a smaller
pedimented gable. Central projecting single storey porch with
central doorway with panelled door and glazing bar fanliqht.
Flanked by single fixed marginal lights, all in a rusticated
ashlar surround. Over is an open segmental hood supported on
stone brackets. Either side are 2 arched sashes. In each of the
projecting wings is a single storey canted bay with moulded
ashlar cornice. Each with 3 sashes. Above is a central Venetian
window with sashes. To the left are 2 arched glazing bar
casements in original openings and to the right 2 arched sashes.
In each of the projecting wings is a single arched sash flanked
by single, similar, smaller sashes. In the pediment of the
central bay is a glazing bar oeil de boeuf. The outer pediments
each have a single Venetian window with sashes. There are 4 roof
dormers each with segmental wooden pediment and single sash. All
sashes have glazing bars. Interior contains original fireplaces,
some panelled doors and rooms. The open well staircase has iron
twist balusters with carved tread ends and the wall side is
panelled and has regular, small, decorated, fluted pilasters.
Listing NGR: SK5379170585
Other nearby listed buildings