History in Structure

This site is entirely user-supported. See how you can help.

Spring Pond Lodge About 600 Metres South South West of Ludshott Manor

A Grade II Listed Building in Bramshott and Liphook, Hampshire

We don't have any photos of this building yet. Why don't you be the first to send us one?

Upload Photo »

Approximate Location Map
Large Map »

Coordinates

Latitude: 51.0968 / 51°5'48"N

Longitude: -0.7998 / 0°47'59"W

OS Eastings: 484136

OS Northings: 133741

OS Grid: SU841337

Mapcode National: GBR DCN.2ML

Mapcode Global: FRA 9667.4U8

Entry Name: Spring Pond Lodge About 600 Metres South South West of Ludshott Manor

Listing Date: 7 November 1996

Grade: II

Source: Historic England

Source ID: 1267801

English Heritage Legacy ID: 462536

Location: Bramshott and Liphook, East Hampshire, Hampshire, GU30

County: Hampshire

District: East Hampshire

Civil Parish: Bramshott and Liphook

Traditional County: Hampshire

Lieutenancy Area (Ceremonial County): Hampshire

Church of England Parish: Bramshott and Liphook St Mary the Virgin

Church of England Diocese: Portsmouth

Find accommodation in
Liphook

Listing Text

SU 83 SW
1068-0/6/10013

BRAMSHOTT AND LIPHOOK
Spring Pond Lodge,about 600 metres SSW of Ludshott Manor

II

Estate lodge. Circa 1827-8, probably by P. F. Robinson for Sir James Macdonald of Woolmer Lodge [Ludshott Manor qv]. Stone rubble with rusticated stone quoins. Plain tile roof with deep verges to gable ends with ornate bargeboards and pendants. Brick axial stack with diagonally-set shafts. PLAN: Rectangular on plan with porch on front left, outshut [possibly originally a porch] on front right and integral outshut at rear. In C20 the space in between the porch and the front outshut [or porch] has been infilled. Possibly originally a pair of lodges. Picturesque Tudor style. EXTERIOR: 1-storey and attic. Asymmetrical west front with gabled porch on left with ornate bargeboards, chamfered four-centred arch doorway with hoodmould and stone panel above; small outshut [or porch] on right has small lancets and lean-to roof; central space between infilled with glazed wooden arcade; gabled half-dormer on right with ornate bargeboards, pendant and stone window. Right-hand [south] return has stone 2 and 3-light stone mullion-transom windows. Left [north] return has stone canted bay window on ground floor and stone 2-light window above with hoodmould; main roof carried down over outshut on left, set back and with doorway with depressed arch. Casement windows. INTERIOR: not inspected.

This text is from the original listing, and may not necessarily reflect the current setting of the building.

Recommended Books

Other nearby listed buildings

BritishListedBuildings.co.uk is an independent online resource and is not associated with any government department. All government data published here is used under licence. Please do not contact BritishListedBuildings.co.uk for any queries related to any individual listed building, planning permission related to listed buildings or the listing process itself.

British Listed Buildings is a Good Stuff website.