This site is entirely user-supported. See how you can help.
Latitude: 51.4356 / 51°26'8"N
Longitude: -0.0567 / 0°3'24"W
OS Eastings: 535174
OS Northings: 172523
OS Grid: TQ351725
Mapcode National: GBR JG.8CK
Mapcode Global: VHGRD.Y5WT
Entry Name: Holy Trinity School
Listing Date: 12 November 1996
Source: Historic England
Source ID: 1267837
English Heritage Legacy ID: 462528
Location: Lewisham, Greater London Authority, SE26
Electoral Ward/Division: Forest Hill
Built-Up Area: Lewisham
Traditional County: Kent
Lieutenancy Area (Ceremonial County): Greater London
Church of England Parish: Sydenham Holy Trinity
Church of England Diocese: Southwark
TQ 3572 DARTMOUTH ROAD, SE26
779-/30/10082 Holy Trinity School
School. 1874. Gothic Revival style. Red brick with polychromatic blue brick bands and stone
dressing. Slate roof with ridge tiles. Single storey. Original 'T' plan with central hall flanked by three classrooms either side. Minor alteration to lavatory block on south side. Prominent windows on either end of the classroom range: tri-partite, with wooden mullion and transom windows with pierced ogees in the upper part. Brick nogging in the spandrel with pierced stone trefoil in the centre; brick and stone outer arch with moulded hood with carved stops. Large stone plate tracery window on main hall elevation with brick and stone banded outer arches, moulded hood with carved stops. Low projecting entrance porch and corridor with 3 pairs of single-light pointed arch windows. Sides of hall have three large tripartite windows with stone mullion and transom windows which continue into the roofline; pointed upper lights in gabled 'dormer'. Central bellcote with pierced wooden frame: trefoil-shaped openings with quatrefoils above, tiled roof and iron weathervane. Three outer doors are pointed with elaborate Gothic-style hinges. Dormer windows in roof, two complete with barge-boards, two altered. Interior: partitioned hall with timber ribbed roof, raised dais at one end. Original chamfered doors and window frames throughout.
Built in 1874 'to promote the religious education of the parish and neighbourhood', Holy Trinity is a complete and intact example of a late Victorian National School.
Listing NGR: TQ3517472523
This text is from the original listing, and may not necessarily reflect the current setting of the building.
Other nearby listed buildings