This site is entirely user-supported. See how you can help.
We don't have any photos of this building yet. Why don't you be the first to send us one?
Latitude: 51.3441 / 51°20'38"N
Longitude: -0.4234 / 0°25'24"W
OS Eastings: 509907
OS Northings: 161734
OS Grid: TQ099617
Mapcode National: GBR 37.5Y5
Mapcode Global: VHFV4.MG1Z
Entry Name: Catts Hall
Listing Date: 1 August 1997
Source: Historic England
Source ID: 1272033
English Heritage Legacy ID: 468807
Location: Elmbridge, Surrey, KT11
Electoral Ward/Division: Weybridge St George's Hill
Parish: Non Civil Parish
Traditional County: Surrey
Lieutenancy Area (Ceremonial County): Surrey
Church of England Parish: Hersham
Church of England Diocese: Guildford
TQ 06 SE
CONVENT LANE, Cobham
House. Circa 1700, with additions of 1800, refenestrated in late C19. Brick, now painted, on plinth with tile-hung rear stair turret and mainly tiled roof with external brick chimneystack.
EXTERIOR: 2 storeys and attics. Front has 4 windows with cambered heads to ground floor. Although these are late C19 they probably reproduce the form of the original cross windows. Brick string course interrupted over the second window from the right side indicates original position of front door. Metal plaque with date 1800 and initials CNT near plinth. Original lean-to to right hand side with plinth and string course continuing through may have been a dairy. Left-hand side has later lean-to and plank door under tiled penticed weatherhood. Rear elevation has central gabled stair turret hung with plain tiles and some courses of curved tiles flanked by catslide with dormers. INTERIOR: has open fireplace to right-hand front room with salt recess and two built-in wooden seats. Axial beam with one inch chamfer and triangular stop. Original tiled floor. Parlour to left has moulded cornice, chamfered axial beam and diagonally-set fireplace. Winder staircase with stick balusters and thin timber framing. Principal bedroom has chamfered spine beam with tongue and lozenge and two cupboards with plank doors, one with H-hinges and a small fixed window with wooden surround. This may have been a powder closet. Several plank doors survive. Staggered purlin roof.
This building was formerly known as Squirrel's Drey.
Source: Domestic Buildings Research Group, Report No. 3385.
Listing NGR: TQ0990761734
Other nearby listed buildings