History in Structure

Numbers 106 to 110 Including Attached Walls and Railings

A Grade II Listed Building in Greenwich, London

We don't have any photos of this building yet. Why don't you be the first to send us one?

Upload Photo »

Approximate Location Map
Large Map »


Latitude: 51.4871 / 51°29'13"N

Longitude: 0.0509 / 0°3'3"E

OS Eastings: 542493

OS Northings: 178452

OS Grid: TQ424784

Mapcode National: GBR MQ.5HJ

Mapcode Global: VHHNJ.TWSD

Plus Code: 9F32F3P2+R9

Entry Name: Numbers 106 to 110 Including Attached Walls and Railings

Listing Date: 5 November 2002

Grade: II

Source: Historic England

Source ID: 1272432

English Heritage Legacy ID: 489846

ID on this website: 101272432

Location: Woolwich, Greenwich, London, SE18

County: London

District: Greenwich

Electoral Ward/Division: Woolwich Riverside

Parish: Non Civil Parish

Built-Up Area: Greenwich

Traditional County: Kent

Lieutenancy Area (Ceremonial County): Greater London

Church of England Parish: Old Charlton St Thomas

Church of England Diocese: Southwark

Tagged with: Building

Find accommodation in
North Woolwich


786/0/10152 WOODHILL
05-NOV-02 106-110
Including attached walls and railings


Terrace. Built in 1848 and called Eliza Cottages on the 1853 Ordnance Survey map. Italianate style. Built of stock brick with stuccoed cornice, window dressings, band between floors and basement. Slate roof (except for no 108 which has C20 pantiles) and four brick chimneystacks, the left one truncated. Three storeys and basement with three windows to each property.
EXTERIOR: The central bay of each property is recessed between the first and second floors. Windows are 12-pane sashes with smaller windows and central blanks to first floor, larger windows with ears and feet to the architraves on the first floor and cambered headed sashes to ground floor with ears and stops. French windows to basements. The doorcases are cambered, nos 106 and 108 retaining moulded cornices and semi-circular fanlights with two glazing bars. Nos 106 and 108 retain pilasters and original two-panelled doors. No 110 has lost its pilasters and has a C20 door with built-in fanlight. There is an attached low wall and cast iron railings with elongated oval shapes and rosettes and moulded principals with urns and an attached section of wall to no 110 has stone coping and a pyramidal cap. The rear elevation was almost without original windows and has a Later C19 addition to no 108 and a C20 extension to no 110.
INTERIOR: Interior features include wide arches with impost blocks, original wooden shutters and some cast iron firegrates.
HISTORY: Housed officers from the nearby Royal Artillery Barracks.

External Links

External links are from the relevant listing authority and, where applicable, Wikidata. Wikidata IDs may be related buildings as well as this specific building. If you want to add or update a link, you will need to do so by editing the Wikidata entry.

Recommended Books

Other nearby listed buildings

BritishListedBuildings.co.uk is an independent online resource and is not associated with any government department. All government data published here is used under licence. Please do not contact BritishListedBuildings.co.uk for any queries related to any individual listed building, planning permission related to listed buildings or the listing process itself.

British Listed Buildings is a Good Stuff website.