History in Structure

This site is entirely user-supported. See how you can help.

50 and 52, Canonbury Park South

A Grade II Listed Building in Canonbury, London

More Photos »
Approximate Location Map
Large Map »

Coordinates

Latitude: 51.5461 / 51°32'45"N

Longitude: -0.0931 / 0°5'35"W

OS Eastings: 532322

OS Northings: 184742

OS Grid: TQ323847

Mapcode National: GBR GK.C5Z

Mapcode Global: VHGQT.BDMM

Entry Name: 50 and 52, Canonbury Park South

Listing Date: 30 September 1994

Grade: II

Source: Historic England

Source ID: 1280520

English Heritage Legacy ID: 368651

Location: Islington, London, N1

County: London

District: Islington

Electoral Ward/Division: Canonbury

Built-Up Area: Islington

Traditional County: Middlesex

Lieutenancy Area (Ceremonial County): Greater London

Church of England Parish: Mildmay Grove St Jude

Church of England Diocese: London

Find accommodation in
Highbury

Listing Text


ISLINGTON

TQ3284NW CANONBURY PARK SOUTH
635-1/47/161 (East side)
Nos.50 AND 52

GV II

Semi-detached houses. c.1845. Developed by C.H.Hill. Yellow
brick, stucco and roof of slate. Two storeys over basement,
two bays wide. Basement stuccoed with plinths for pilasters
decorated with banded rustication and segmental-arched windows
with margin lights. Steps up to entrance in outer bay,
architrave with deep cornice over consoles, panelled and
glazed door with overlight. The inner bay is framed by stucco
pilasters running up through both stories to a shallow
segmental arch directly under the eaves. Flat-arched windows
with gauged brick heads to ground and first floors. Eaves
altered on both houses. Party wall expressed above roof and
carrying central stack. Hipped roof. Single-storey C20
additions to the side of both houses.
(Historians' file, English Heritage London Division).


Listing NGR: TQ3232284742

This text is from the original listing, and may not necessarily reflect the current setting of the building.

Description


ISLINGTON

TQ3284NW CANONBURY PARK SOUTH
635-1/47/161 (East side)
Nos.50 AND 52

GV II

Semi-detached houses. c.1845. Developed by C.H.Hill. Yellow
brick, stucco and roof of slate. Two storeys over basement,
two bays wide. Basement stuccoed with plinths for pilasters
decorated with banded rustication and segmental-arched windows
with margin lights. Steps up to entrance in outer bay,
architrave with deep cornice over consoles, panelled and
glazed door with overlight. The inner bay is framed by stucco
pilasters running up through both stories to a shallow
segmental arch directly under the eaves. Flat-arched windows
with gauged brick heads to ground and first floors. Eaves
altered on both houses. Party wall expressed above roof and
carrying central stack. Hipped roof. Single-storey C20
additions to the side of both houses.
(Historians' file, English Heritage London Division).


Listing NGR: TQ3232284742

Recommended Books

Other nearby listed buildings

BritishListedBuildings.co.uk is an independent online resource and is not associated with any government department. All government data published here is used under licence. Please do not contact BritishListedBuildings.co.uk for any queries related to any individual listed building, planning permission related to listed buildings or the listing process itself.

British Listed Buildings is a Good Stuff website.