This site is entirely user-supported. See how you can help.
Latitude: 51.9926 / 51°59'33"N
Longitude: -2.1555 / 2°9'19"W
OS Eastings: 389418
OS Northings: 232694
OS Grid: SO894326
Mapcode National: GBR 1JR.1VJ
Mapcode Global: VH93T.L5BT
Entry Name: 66, BARTON STREET (See details for further address information)
Listing Date: 25 April 1994
Source: Historic England
Source ID: 1280965
English Heritage Legacy ID: 376644
Location: Tewkesbury, Tewkesbury, Gloucestershire, GL20
Civil Parish: Tewkesbury
Built-Up Area: Tewkesbury
Traditional County: Gloucestershire
Lieutenancy Area (Ceremonial County): Gloucestershire
Church of England Parish: Tewkesbury St Mary the Virgin (Tewkesbury Abbey)
Church of England Diocese: Gloucester
SO8932 BARTON STREET
859-1/6/58 (South side)
Nos.1, 2 and 3 Potters Court
House in row, now (January 1992) in several occupations.
Early/mid C16, but the front part substantially rebuilt late
C20. Timber-framed with tension bracing to front, tile roof
and brick rear stack. A steep-roofed jettied structure
continues over an open throughway to the left, and has a
projecting rear wing to a half-hipped gable end.
EXTERIOR: 2 storeys and attic, 2-windowed. All C20 replacement
small-pane casements; 2-light gabled dormers above a 3-light
and 4-light at first floor, 2-light and 3-light slight bows in
the set-back ground floor. To the left a glazed door, giving
to a through passage within the property, with entrance doors.
In the open throughway, which is stone paved, the wall to the
left is framed, with brick nogging and a heavy wall-plate; to
the right, approx 2.5m back is a very large structural post,
but the wall is mainly in brickwork. The wing retains some
early braced framing, and one large corner post. 2 raking
dormers and 2- and 3-light casements in the wall to the alley;
this framework is filled with brick-on-edge nogging.
INTERIOR not inspected, but reputed to have been substantially
Listing NGR: SO8941832694
This text is from the original listing, and may not necessarily reflect the current setting of the building.
Other nearby listed buildings