This site is entirely user-supported. See how you can help.
Latitude: 53.3963 / 53°23'46"N
Longitude: -3.0733 / 3°4'23"W
OS Eastings: 328726
OS Northings: 389366
OS Grid: SJ287893
Mapcode National: GBR 6YZ5.F7
Mapcode Global: WH761.RWQP
Entry Name: Bidston Windmill
Listing Date: 29 July 1950
Last Amended: 10 August 1992
Source: Historic England
Source ID: 1282506
English Heritage Legacy ID: 389372
Location: Wirral, CH43
Electoral Ward/Division: Bidston and St James
Built-Up Area: Birkenhead
Traditional County: Cheshire
Lieutenancy Area (Ceremonial County): Merseyside
Church of England Parish: Bidston St Oswald
Church of England Diocese: Chester
SJ28NE VYNER ROAD NORTH, Bidston
789-1/3/181 (North side)
29/07/50 Bidston Windmill
(Formerly Listed as:
VYNER ROAD NORTH
The Old Windmill)
Formerly known as: Windmill BIDSTON HILL.
Windmill. Late C18, restored late C19 and again 1971.
Roughcast render, probably over stone. Circular tapering tower
with boarded cap and sails. Doorway to tower with lintel
inscribed "Restored A.D.1894". The windmill was acquired by
the Corporation of Birkenhead, together with the surrounding
land, in 1909.
Listing NGR: SJ2872689366
This text is from the original listing, and may not necessarily reflect the current setting of the building.
Other nearby listed buildings