This site is entirely user-supported. See how you can help.
Latitude: 53.5108 / 53°30'38"N
Longitude: -2.9569 / 2°57'24"W
OS Eastings: 336639
OS Northings: 401990
OS Grid: SD366019
Mapcode National: GBR 7WSV.M6
Mapcode Global: WH86V.K05X
Entry Name: Nos 1-12 Manor House
Listing Date: 11 October 1968
Source: Historic England
Source ID: 1283325
English Heritage Legacy ID: 216503
Location: Maghull, Sefton, L31
Civil Parish: Maghull
Built-Up Area: Maghull
Traditional County: Lancashire
Lieutenancy Area (Ceremonial County): Merseyside
Church of England Parish: Maghull St James
Church of England Diocese: Liverpool
This List entry was subject to a Minor Amendment on 22 July 2016.
SD 30 SE
Nos 1-12 Manor House
(Formerly listed as: Manor House (Home for Epileptics)
House, used as a Home for Epileptics from the late-C19, converted into apartments in the early-C21. Late C18 with earlier lintel inscribed "BMA/1638/WM". Brick with stone dressings slate roof. 2 storeys with high basement and attic, 3 bays.
Basement lintel band, top cornice and stone-coped brick parapet. End canted bays have tripartite windows having angle pilasters and colonnettes with fluted capitals, and
entablatures with fluted friezes with rosettes. All windows are sashed with glazing bars. Central 1st floor window has eared and shouldered architrave, fluted frieze with rosette
and cornice. Central entrance up 12 steps has Doric columns, frieze with festoons and rosettes, and pediment; fanlight with radial glazing bars and 4-panel door. Attic
with flat-topped dormers and glazed belvedere. Left return has windows with wedge lintels, 2 are round-headed. 6th bay ground floor window has earlier dated lintel. 2 stacks to each return.
Listing NGR: SD3663901990
This text is from the original listing, and may not necessarily reflect the current setting of the building.
Other nearby listed buildings