This site is entirely user-supported. See how you can help.
We don't have any photos of this building yet. Why don't you be the first to send us one?
Latitude: 53.102 / 53°6'7"N
Longitude: -2.8651 / 2°51'54"W
OS Eastings: 342176
OS Northings: 356436
OS Grid: SJ421564
Mapcode National: GBR 7C.8LJJ
Mapcode Global: WH88T.Y9V9
Entry Name: Church House
Listing Date: 28 November 1984
Source: Historic England
Source ID: 1287223
English Heritage Legacy ID: 402975
Location: Churton, Cheshire West and Chester, CH3
County: Cheshire West and Chester
Civil Parish: Churton
Built-Up Area: Churton
Traditional County: Cheshire
Lieutenancy Area (Ceremonial County): Cheshire
Church of England Parish: Aldford St John the Baptist
Church of England Diocese: Chester
SJ 45 NW
CHURTON BY ALDFORD C.P.
Churton House Farm (the House only)
House, 1682, extended at rear and altered, of buff sandstone-dressed
local red brick in irregular English bond, with grey slate roofs. The
symmetrical front has 2 storeys plus attics, the attic with windows
only in end gables. 3-storey porch with 1 room to each side; basement
behind plinth has 2 windows left of porch. Replaced half-glazed door
under plain fanlight in basket-arched opening of stone. Plain
projecting band at 1st floor; flush band at 2nd floor carries
datestone carved (in 3 lines) JC:RSB:1682; flush stone quoins.
Gothick iron casements to upper storeys of porch, a 12-pane C19 wood
casement to each storey of each wing. Window openings have slightly
cambered gauged brick heads and plain stone cills. In right end
gable are a canted, hipped bay window with small panes to lower
storey, a 3-light leaded casement to upper storey and a 2-light leaded
casement to attic. The left gable has 2-light cast iron Gothick
casement to attic. Brick chimney on rear slope of roof. Flight of
curved stone steps to door. C19 extension of 2 storeys at rear.
Interior not inspected.
Listing NGR: SJ 42176 56436
This text is from the original listing, and may not necessarily reflect the current setting of the building.
Other nearby listed buildings