This site is entirely user-supported. See how you can help.
Latitude: 54.0531 / 54°3'11"N
Longitude: -2.8048 / 2°48'17"W
OS Eastings: 347411
OS Northings: 462209
OS Grid: SD474622
Mapcode National: GBR 8PVK.KT
Mapcode Global: WH846.WDK4
Entry Name: Warehouse Number 3
Listing Date: 18 February 1970
Source: Historic England
Source ID: 1289129
English Heritage Legacy ID: 383295
Location: Lancaster, Lancashire, LA1
Electoral Ward/Division: Castle
Built-Up Area: Lancaster
Traditional County: Lancashire
Lieutenancy Area (Ceremonial County): Lancashire
Church of England Parish: Lancaster St Mary with St John and St Anne
Church of England Diocese: Blackburn
SD4762 ST GEORGE'S QUAY
1685-1/3/261 (South West side)
(Formerly Listed as:
ST GEORGE'S QUAY
Warehouse. Mid C18. Squared coursed sandstone with ashlar
dressings. Slate roof with the gable to the road and a
projecting verge over the central three-quarters of the width.
Approx 15m deep on plan behind a facade which is approx 6m
wide. 4 storeys above a cellar. Doorway to right, plus a
central loading slot which has a plain surround, as do all the
openings. Flanked by a 4-pane window on each floor, originally
these were masonry panels with a ventilation slot. There is no
opening in the left half of the top floor, doubtless to
strengthen the wall next to the crane which still survives in
its original wooden form. On the ground floor the place of the
left-hand window is taken by the doorway. The loading slot has
doors on each storey.
HISTORY: built on Plot 22.
Listing NGR: SD4741262210
This text is from the original listing, and may not necessarily reflect the current setting of the building.
Other nearby listed buildings