This site is entirely user-supported. See how you can help.
Latitude: 51.8066 / 51°48'23"N
Longitude: 0.6356 / 0°38'8"E
OS Eastings: 581801
OS Northings: 215284
OS Grid: TL818152
Mapcode National: GBR QL3.RHZ
Mapcode Global: VHJJR.YVWD
Plus Code: 9F32RJ4P+M6
Entry Name: White Horse Public House
Listing Date: 7 February 1973
Source: Historic England
Source ID: 1306449
English Heritage Legacy ID: 113499
Location: Witham, Braintree, Essex, CM8
Civil Parish: Witham
Built-Up Area: Witham
Traditional County: Essex
Lieutenancy Area (Ceremonial County): Essex
Church of England Parish: Witham St Nicolas
Church of England Diocese: Chelmsford
1841 CHURCH STREET
No 2 (White Horse public
TL 8115 3/114
A C17 timber-framed and plastered building with a cross wing at the north
end. Altered and added to in the C18. The cross wing has a jettied upper
storey on the west front. The gables to the main block and the cross wing
have C19 shaped bargeboards. The main block is 1 storey and attics and
the cross wing is 2 storeys. C18 fenestration, double-hung sashes with
glazing bars, in flush cased frames. Roof tiled with 1 gabled dormer to
the main block.
Nos 2 (White Horse Public House) Nos 4 and 6 form a group with No 18 and
Smithy, Nos 20 to 30 (even), Parish Church of St Nicholas, the Vicarage,
No 35 (Barnardiston) and Nos 43 to 55 odd) Chippinghill.
Also No 2 (White Horse Public House) forms a group with Nos 14 (Recess)
and 16 (Bramstons). Chippinghill.
Listing NGR: TL8180815287
This text is from the original listing, and may not necessarily reflect the current setting of the building.
Other nearby listed buildings