This site is entirely user-supported. See how you can help.
Street View is the best available vantage point looking, if possible, towards the location of the building. In some locations, Street View may not give a view of the actual building, or may not be available at all. Where it is not available, the satellite view is shown instead.
Latitude: 52.3331 / 52°19'59"N
Longitude: 0.3364 / 0°20'10"E
OS Eastings: 559289
OS Northings: 273122
OS Grid: TL592731
Mapcode National: GBR N8P.MW0
Mapcode Global: VHHJM.SM5B
Entry Name: St Andrews House
Listing Date: 17 November 1983
Source: Historic England
Source ID: 1310391
English Heritage Legacy ID: 48865
Location: Soham, East Cambridgeshire, Cambridgeshire, CB7
District: East Cambridgeshire
Civil Parish: Soham
Built-Up Area: Soham
Traditional County: Cambridgeshire
Lieutenancy Area (Ceremonial County): Cambridgeshire
Church of England Parish: Soham St Andrew
Church of England Diocese: Ely
TL 5973 SOHAM HIGH STREET
13/57 St. Andrews House
House, formerly the rectory, c.1840, now flats. Grey, gault
brick with Ketton stone dressings. Hipped, slate roof with
eaves cornice also of stone and ridge stack. Plan of main range
with service wing at rear. Two storeys. Symmetrical elevation
of eight bays, the three centre bays project slightly and are
pedimented. Stone sills and gauged, yellow brick arches to
recessed hung sashes of twelve panes each, with later louvred
shutters. At ground floor the windows are similar but of full
height and of fifteen panes each. Main entry is in east end.
Pedimented doorcase of stone with the pediment carried on
console brackets. Panelled double doors.
Listing NGR: TL5928973122
This text is from the original listing, and may not necessarily reflect the current setting of the building.
Other nearby listed buildings