This site is entirely user-supported. See how you can help.
Street View is the best available vantage point looking, if possible, towards the location of the building. In some locations, Street View may not give a view of the actual building, or may not be available at all. Where it is not available, the satellite view is shown instead.
Latitude: 50.3099 / 50°18'35"N
Longitude: -5.2017 / 5°12'6"W
OS Eastings: 172130
OS Northings: 50453
OS Grid: SW721504
Mapcode National: GBR Z4.KQNV
Mapcode Global: VH125.SGDS
Entry Name: Methodist Chapel
Listing Date: 31 October 1988
Source: Historic England
Source ID: 1312012
English Heritage Legacy ID: 63869
Location: St. Agnes, Cornwall, TR5
Civil Parish: St. Agnes
Built-Up Area: St Agnes
Traditional County: Cornwall
Lieutenancy Area (Ceremonial County): Cornwall
Church of England Parish: St Agnes
Church of England Diocese: Truro
ST AGNES VICARAGE ROAD (east side),
SW 75 SW
4/241 Methodist Chapel
Methodist chapel. Datestone 1860. Dressed killas brought to course, rusticated
granite dressings. Dry Delabole slate roofs with gable ends. Pedimented gable at
the front. Brick chimney over lower rear gable end of vestry/organ loft. Cast-iron
Plan: Rectangular aisle-less plan with chapel over schoolroom (ground floor) and a
narrower organ loft over vestry at the rear.
Exterior: 2 storeys. Unaltered elevations with original doors and windows in round-
headed openings. Granite rustications around the openings, chamfered rusticated
quoins. Symmetrical 1:3: 1-bay entrance front has aid-floor granite string and
moulded granite pediment. Central ground floor window (datestone under) is flanked by
pair of doorways. Central bays are broken forward. Panelled doors, spoked
fanlights. Hornless sashes with glazing bars and spoked heads.
Interior: Original galleries on 4 sides carried on wooden Tuscan columns; original
box pews over galleries; moulded plaster ceiling cornices and ornate central rose
with acanthus detail. Floor inserted between gallery fronts in circa 1953 and ground
floor seating removed at the same time.
Listing NGR: SW7213050453
This text is from the original listing, and may not necessarily reflect the current setting of the building.
Other nearby listed buildings