This site is entirely user-supported. See how you can help.
Street View is the best available vantage point looking, if possible, towards the location of the building. In some locations, Street View may not give a view of the actual building, or may not be available at all. Where it is not available, the satellite view is shown instead.
Latitude: 52.0065 / 52°0'23"N
Longitude: -0.3259 / 0°19'33"W
OS Eastings: 515006
OS Northings: 235555
OS Grid: TL150355
Mapcode National: GBR H57.2G3
Mapcode Global: VHGNC.9TKN
Entry Name: Church of All Saints
Listing Date: 31 October 1966
Source: Historic England
Source ID: 1312346
English Heritage Legacy ID: 37917
Location: Stondon, Central Bedfordshire, SG16
County: Central Bedfordshire
Civil Parish: Stondon
Traditional County: Bedfordshire
Lieutenancy Area (Ceremonial County): Bedfordshire
Church of England Parish: Stondon
Church of England Diocese: St.Albans
TL 13 NE UPPER STONDON HILLSIDE ROAD
31.10.66 Church of All Saints
Parish Church. Rebuilt by subscription in 1857 in loosely C14 style, replacing
original C12-13 church. Coursed ironstone with ashlar dressings. Clay tile roofs.
Small compact structure: chancel, nave, N transept, N vestry, S porch tower.
Chancel, nave and transept have 2-cinquefoiled-light windows under flat heads to
side elevations. Gable ends each have pointed-arched 3-light window, the E window
with the most ornate tracery. N vestry is later addition with flat roof and plain
openings. Porch tower is in 3 stages, with pointed S archway. Middle and upper
stages have 2-light windows similar to those elsewhere. Sprocketed pyramidal roof
above dentil cornice. S doorway is C13 re-used. Very plain interior. Retains
octagonal font, probably also C13.
Listing NGR: TL1500635555
This text is from the original listing, and may not necessarily reflect the current setting of the building.
Other nearby listed buildings