This site is entirely user-supported. See how you can help.
Latitude: 53.5691 / 53°34'8"N
Longitude: -1.5919 / 1°35'30"W
OS Eastings: 427122
OS Northings: 408126
OS Grid: SE271081
Mapcode National: GBR KWB5.4B
Mapcode Global: WHCBJ.JK57
Entry Name: Deer Shelter in Cannon Hall Park Approximately 200 Metres South West of Cannon Hall
Listing Date: 23 November 1987
Source: Historic England
Source ID: 1314699
English Heritage Legacy ID: 334132
Location: Cawthorne, Barnsley, S75
Civil Parish: Cawthorne
Traditional County: Yorkshire
Lieutenancy Area (Ceremonial County): South Yorkshire
Church of England Parish: Cawthorne All Saints
Church of England Diocese: Leeds
SE 2708 CAWTHORNE BARK HOUSE LANE
(north end, off)
9/6 Deer Shelter in Cannon
Hall Park approx. 200
metres south west of
Deer Shelter. Early to mid C19. For the Spencer Stanhope family of Cannon
Hall. Coursed, rock-faced stone. Stone slate roof. Single storey.
Symmetrical 7-bay front. The central 5 bays are open and the roof is
supported on 4 yew trunks. Each end bay is gabled and has a 2-light pointed-
arched window with Y-tracery. At the key and each impost is a crude mask.
Slit in each apex.
Interior: side wings are entered through pointed-arched doorways. Sawn
softwood king-post truss with struts.
The building is marked on the 1854 Ordnance Survey map.
Listing NGR: SE2712208126
This text is from the original listing, and may not necessarily reflect the current setting of the building.
Other nearby listed buildings