History in Structure

This site is entirely user-supported. See how you can help.

St Cadix

A Grade II Listed Building in St. Veep, Cornwall

Approximate Location Map
Large Map »
Street View
Contributor Photos »

Street View is the best available vantage point looking, if possible, towards the location of the building. In some locations, Street View may not give a view of the actual building, or may not be available at all. Where it is not available, the satellite view is shown instead.

Coordinates

Latitude: 50.3615 / 50°21'41"N

Longitude: -4.6239 / 4°37'26"W

OS Eastings: 213466

OS Northings: 54581

OS Grid: SX134545

Mapcode National: GBR N7.VL2B

Mapcode Global: FRA 1862.VSN

Entry Name: St Cadix

Listing Date: 30 April 1985

Grade: II

Source: Historic England

Source ID: 1329303

English Heritage Legacy ID: 60616

Location: St. Veep, Cornwall, PL22

County: Cornwall

Civil Parish: St. Veep

Traditional County: Cornwall

Lieutenancy Area (Ceremonial County): Cornwall

Church of England Parish: St Veep

Church of England Diocese: Truro

Find accommodation in
Saint Veep

Listing Text

SX 15 SW ST VEEP

8/114 St Cadix
-

- II

House, circa 1710 with later circa mid C19 outshut on rear and further extended in
C20. Rubble stone with slurried scantle slate roof with hipped ends. Brick stacks
on north slope to rear. Originally 2 room with cross passage blocked by staircase
in projecting wing to rear. Kitchen added in lean-to wing on west and dairy in
outshut on north-east. Projecting wing added on north-west.
2 storeys, symmetrical 5-window front. Ground floor with rubble gabled porch with
slate roof and C20 glazed door, with glazing bars, within. Flanked by four 16-pane
sashes under cut stone arches with five 16-pane sashes above, all with exposed sash
boxes. Majority replica replacements. In lean-to on left hand end, 16 pane sash
under rendered lintel.
Interior: moulded doorcases and C18 2-panelled door with HL hinges. C18 corner
cupboard on ground floor. Contemporary oak staircase with closed string, square
newels, turned balusters and slightly moulded heavy rail.
Remains of dressed stone, tracery, column bases and mullions in garden. Possibly
remains from Cluniac Priory dissolved in 1536 probably sited to north of St Cadix.


Listing NGR: SX1346654581

This text is from the original listing, and may not necessarily reflect the current setting of the building.

Other nearby listed buildings

BritishListedBuildings.co.uk is an independent online resource and is not associated with any government department. All government data published here is used under licence. Please do not contact BritishListedBuildings.co.uk for any queries related to any individual listed building, planning permission related to listed buildings or the listing process itself.

British Listed Buildings is a Good Stuff website.