This site is entirely user-supported. See how you can help.
We don't have any photos of this building yet. Why don't you be the first to send us one?
Latitude: 51.2 / 51°12'0"N
Longitude: 0.4471 / 0°26'49"E
OS Eastings: 571064
OS Northings: 147381
OS Grid: TQ710473
Mapcode National: GBR NQK.RVZ
Mapcode Global: VHJMR.P3RD
Plus Code: 9F326C2W+2V
Entry Name: Crowplain Farmhouse
Listing Date: 14 October 1987
Source: Historic England
Source ID: 1344429
English Heritage Legacy ID: 174869
Location: Collier Street, Maidstone, Kent, TN12
Civil Parish: Collier Street
Traditional County: Kent
Lieutenancy Area (Ceremonial County): Kent
Church of England Parish: Collier Street St Margaret
Church of England Diocese: Rochester
YALDING BENOVER ROAD
TQ 74 NW
Farmhouse, now house. Possibly C14 or early C15, with late C18 facade.
Left end rebuilt 1819. Right section timber framed, with chequered red
and grey brick ground floor (extending slightly into left section), and
tile-hung first floor. Left section red and grey brick in Flemish bond.
Plain tile roofs. Right section 2 timber-framed bays, formerly an open hall.
Bay or bays to left of hall rebuilt in 1819, except short section adjoining
hall. (Bay or bays to right of hall, if any, non-extant). Left section
2 storeys and cellar, right section 1 1/2 storeys. Plinth to right section, part
ragstone, part brick. Dentilled brick eaves cornice to left section. Roof
gabled to left. Steeply-pitched roof to right section, half-hipped to right.
Slightly-projecting brick gable end stack to left. Multiple red and grey
brick stack to left end of right section, immediately left of end of hall.
Regular 3-window front to left section of recessed sashes, each unusually
glazed with twenty-six staggered panes. Similar sashes to ground floor
with cambered heads and splayed rubbed brick voussoirs. Right section has
two large gabled, early-to-mid C20 eaves dormers with applied timber framing,
and three-light casements with staggered panes imitating left section.
Panelled door with glazed top lights recessed in round-headed architrave with
rubbed brick voussoirs, behind porch to centre of left section. Short two-
storey red brick rear wing to left, of c.1926. Two-storeyed 1930's red brick-
infilling to rear to right. Brick dated MG 1819 under right ground-floor
window of left section. Interior: three pairs of principal posts with long
shaped jowls and tie-beams. Arch brace to central truss springs from below
inserted floor level. Rest of framing presently concealed. Roof not
inspected. Folding panelled shutters to ground floor of left section.
Listing NGR: TQ7107647333
Other nearby listed buildings