This site is entirely user-supported. See how you can help.
We don't have any photos of this building yet. Why don't you be the first to send us one?
Latitude: 53.5225 / 53°31'21"N
Longitude: -0.5342 / 0°32'3"W
OS Eastings: 497276
OS Northings: 403870
OS Grid: SE972038
Mapcode National: GBR SWQQ.40
Mapcode Global: WHGGM.RQTF
Plus Code: 9C5XGFF8+28
Entry Name: Station Farmhouse
Listing Date: 6 January 1987
Source: Historic England
Source ID: 1346508
English Heritage Legacy ID: 166056
Location: Scawby, North Lincolnshire, Lincolnshire, DN20
County: North Lincolnshire
Civil Parish: Scawby
Traditional County: Lincolnshire
Lieutenancy Area (Ceremonial County): Lincolnshire
Church of England Parish: Scawby and Redbourne
Church of England Diocese: Lincoln
SE 90 SE SCAWBY STATION ROAD
10/95 Station Farmhouse
Farmhouse/inn, now farmhouse. 1849 for Manchester, Sheffield and
Lincolnshire Railway Company. Brick with Welsh slate roof. T-shaped on
plan: 2-room central entrance-hall front with double-depth wing and
contemporary outshut to rear. 2 storeys, 4 first-floor windows. Plinth.
Projecting enclosed gabled porch to right of centre has chamfered 4-centred
arch with half-glazed door and plain overlight in reveal, ornate fretwork
bargeboards with drop finial, fish-scale slates; 2-fold half-glazed inner
door in roll-moulded architrave. Single wooden cross-mullioned windows to
either side have sashes with glazing bars, cavetto mullions and roll-moulded
architraves, rubbed-brick flat arches and stone sills. First floor: smaller
similar window to right, 2 to left, narrow single-light window above porch.
Overhanging eaves. Ornate bargeboards with finials. Partly-projecting end
stack to right with brick band and twin diamond-shafted corniced chimneys.
Similar stacks to rear with 2 and 3 shafts. Left return has ground-floor
bay window with 3 mullion and transom lights to front, single lights to
sides. 9-pane and 12-pane sashes in flush wooden architraves to rear wing.
Interior retains original staircase, chimneypieces etc. Similarities with
Nelthorpe Estate buildings suggest that this farmhouse/inn (formerly known
as The Queens Arms) was built by The Railway Company in arrangement with the
Estate. Adjoining outbuildings to rear are of no special interest.
Lincoln, Rutland and Stamford Mercury, 27 July 1848 p2.
Listing NGR: SE9727603870
This text is from the original listing, and may not necessarily reflect the current setting of the building.
Other nearby listed buildings