This site is entirely user-supported. See how you can help.
Latitude: 51.4163 / 51°24'58"N
Longitude: -2.1213 / 2°7'16"W
OS Eastings: 391663
OS Northings: 168591
OS Grid: ST916685
Mapcode National: GBR 1RR.4J6
Mapcode Global: VH96K.5NYN
Entry Name: The Red House
Listing Date: 20 December 1960
Source: Historic England
Source ID: 1363929
English Heritage Legacy ID: 315482
Location: Lacock, Wiltshire, SN15
Civil Parish: Lacock
Built-Up Area: Lacock
Traditional County: Wiltshire
Lieutenancy Area (Ceremonial County): Wiltshire
Church of England Parish: Lacock with Bowden Hill
Church of England Diocese: Bristol
LACOCK CHURCH STREET
4/48 No 13 (The Red House)
House, dated 1778, red brick and stone dressings. Plain-tiled
mansard roof with stone slate verges. Rubble stone end walls.
Originally regular 2-storey-and-attic, 3-window range with end
walls stacks, extended in matching style to 4-window range in 1926.
Coped gables, east end stack inscribed W. Webb 1778. Three gabled
dormers. Ashlar plinth, rusticated quoins, raised band, eaves
cornice and moulded window architraves. Original house has paired
12-pane sashes each side, single 16-pane sash to centre over 6-
panel door in similar architrave with hood on brackets. Left side
addition has paired 12-pane sashes to each floor. Tudor-arched
fireplace in room to left of entrance.
Listing NGR: ST9166668593
This text is from the original listing, and may not necessarily reflect the current setting of the building.
Other nearby listed buildings