This site is entirely user-supported. See how you can help.
Latitude: 51.961 / 51°57'39"N
Longitude: -1.4254 / 1°25'31"W
OS Eastings: 439576
OS Northings: 229324
OS Grid: SP395293
Mapcode National: GBR 6SR.0F8
Mapcode Global: VHBZ4.7ZS2
Plus Code: 9C3WXH6F+9R
Entry Name: 47, the Green
Listing Date: 27 August 1956
Last Amended: 18 May 1987
Source: Historic England
Source ID: 1368191
English Heritage Legacy ID: 251894
Location: Great Tew, West Oxfordshire, Oxfordshire, OX7
Civil Parish: Great Tew
Traditional County: Oxfordshire
Lieutenancy Area (Ceremonial County): Oxfordshire
Church of England Parish: Great Tew
Church of England Diocese: Oxford
GREAT TEW THE GREEN
SP3929 (West side)
27/08/56 (Formerly listed as Cottage
House. C17. Coursed squared marlstone with limestone- and marlstone-ashlar
dressings; Stonesfield-slate roof with part-rendered ashlar stacks. 2-unit plan.
2 storeys plus attic. Symmetrical 2-window front has a central doorway in an
early C19 marlstone-ashlar porch, with a chamfered basket-arched entrance below
a label which returns as a string above blocked side windows with labels; stone
roof has a 4-gabled apex finial and in the porch gable is a recessed quatrefoil
containing a rose. Outer bays of front have stone-mullioned lattice windows with
labels: 4-light at ground floor and 3-light above. Left gable has a parapet.
Interior: stop-chamfered beams and joists; 2 open fireplaces, one with inglenook
and bread oven; cellar with some heavy joists laid flat; winder stair. Porch may
be by Thomas Rickman or Thomas Fulljames.
(Country Sites and Monuments Record).
Listing NGR: SP3957629324
Other nearby listed buildings